Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Savannah or Bust

Don and I got up early this morning....very early this morning. We got up at 4:00 am. Our sweet Brent picked up us at 5:00 am and we headed to the airport. The flights were flawless. We had two connections (Salt Lake and Cincinnati)and made them without incident. We even had time to go to the Bandstand restaurant in Salt Lake for a yummy breakfast.

On our flight from Salt Lake to Savannah our seat mate worked for the Mormon Tabernacle choir doing their A/V (audio visual)and they were going on tour. We told him our son was in the A/V business. As it turns out he works with a guy that Brent knows (Kurt) and he was on the plane as well. I had met this guy a few years ago when he gave Brent, MaryKate, Reagan, and one of Brent's friend (Jared) a tour of the conference center. He said to be sure to tell Brent "hi".

We made it to Savannah safe and sound. Our taxi driver suggested we eat at dinner at the "pink house". So we did. It was a short walk and it truly was a "pink" house. It was built in the 1700s. It was a neat house and the food was great. They even gave us a complete tour of the house.........very cool. It started to rain, thunder and lightning soon after we got there. Soon after we left, it started to rain so hard we ran in a parking garage to seek protection. While in there lightning struck so close it set off the car alarms in the garage. Don said he thought it hit the corner of the building we were in. Anyway it was so loud it scared us both. I jump so high and I know Don did too as we were looking eye to eye. As soon as we could, we ran across the street to a little tavern until the next break in the rain. After a short stay there, we were able to walk back to the hotel.

I was watching the hotel channel before retiring to bed and they have the following conferences: State Auditor's conference (Don is attending this one), GA Funeral Directors, and US Dept of Labor. I thought of a ton of jokes but I will keep them to myself as I am probably the only one that thinks it is funny.

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

I'm so glad you made it safe! I think you should post your jokes. :)

Art said...

Oh my sweet Granelda, who wouldn't enjoy a joke or two about auditors, funeral directors, and those helping the unemployed. I'm sure the theme has something to do with death and taxes, just fill in the blanks.