Monday, November 16, 2009

What a Great Day

What a great day. I am such a lucky girl. We all met for breakfast and hung out hoping our Taxi Tour guide would show up. Don had made arrangements with a guy to take us around the city and show us the sites in his taxi. Don was a little worried as he hadn’t received a response to his emails. No surprise, the guy was a no show. But it all worked out for the better. Don talked to the Bellman and the Bellman got us all set up with a Taxi and tour. Our Taxi driver’s name was Martin and he spoke excellent English. He took us all around and we all had such a great time. He showed us Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton’s homes. We saw where the movies Night of the Iguana and Predator were filmed. It was amazing at how steep some of the streets were. I thought Seattle had steep streets but my goodness they have steep ones here. The tour was such a fun thing to do. Don did a great job getting it all pulled together. He deserves a big gold star. We stopped to check out a beautiful view and I saw a great bag that I wanted that was for sale by a street vendor. I knew the price I wanted and I bartered the price down to the price I wanted. Ah, I love a good deal and a cute bag.

Then back to the hotel for a late lunch and then to the beach. We boogie boarded and body surfed in the ocean. It was a blast. It’s amazing how tired you get doing that. Yes I am a woos. The weather was absolutely perfect. We couldn’t have asked for better. We spend most of the afternoon doing that, and then we cleaned up and walked to Wal-Mart. Dan needed to get some pants and while we were there, we picked up a few items. Back for dinner. We had fish. Yes I said we had fish. No I am not a fan of fish. Thanks to Don, Shawna and I ended up getting a couple steaks. They were yummy and I am a fan of steak. Then we walked around the property. The hotel has a sister hotel next door so we checked it out. We may change the venue for the vow renewal. After we got back Shawna and I popped in the gift shop to look at swim suits. Shawna was looking at maybe picking up a new suit. While in there Shawna looked in the pop cooler and spied some Dr Pepper. I was stunned. Yes I bought some. Did you really think I wouldn’t? Anyway Shawna deserves a gold star for spying it.

We had a lot of fun today and some great laughs. Did I mention I am a lucky girl…….I really am.
Tomorrow……….more fun in the sun.

No comments: