Sunday, November 8, 2015

Day One in the Books

Well this was a fabulous day.  The weathermen had predicted it to be rainy with thunderstorms.  But it wasn't.   I arose early.  It was about 6:15, Art was still slumbering so I slipped out to the desk.  It was really peaceful.  I was quite surprised at how many people were up and walking the beach that early.  I watched how the employees artful drove the tractor in the sand making creative designs. I was up for about two hours before Art got up.  I was a little concerned about the weather and the clouds did nothing to ease my mind.  There were several ominous dark clouds. But as good fortune would have it, the more the day wore on the bluer the sky got.

We spent the day down by the pool.  Miss Cricket and I got in the pool this morning.   It was quite hot and the pool offered a refreshing reprieve.   We had a great time playing in the pool.  Art got some blow up floating loungers at the auction a while back and he brought them.  I used one of them in the pool.  I felt like a Queen floating around.  I even had my very own motor for it.  The motor was really Miss Cricket but she did make the noise as she was pushing and pulling me around the pool.  Ahhhh what a friend.  I offered to let her ride and I would be the motor but she wasn't convinced it would be fun.  Maybe tomorrow she will be the Queen.  We all got in the pool this afternoon.  It was really fun.

They have a fun water slide here.  I kept my good eye on it most of the day.  It seemed to beacon me.  I really wanted to do it but didn't want to go alone.  I am funny like that. I hate to do things alone.  No one wanted to go so I put my big girl panties on and ventured up to the slide. It was fun.  I love that kind of stuff.  I am going to do it again tomorrow.  It was funny when I got to the top, I asked the life guard if it was OK for an old lady to do it and he laughed and said yes....... when you get tot he bottom, tell her to come on up.  I laughed and said I would tell her.  Sweet kid.....made this old lady feel better.  The only hard part was going up the stairs.  My stupid knees are just giving me fits.  I  really hope they behave better tomorrow and stop bothering me.

We made our spa appointments today.  Tomorrow I get a massage, mani and pedi.  Art is going to do the massage with me. I am so looking forward to it.

The weather held up great all day. Tonight we ate outside.  It was delicious.  The interesting thing about dinner was I kept seeing a flash of light.  I finally paid attention and it was lightening.  No thunder but a lot of lightening.


After dinner, we came back to the room and the boys beat us in a game of Pinochle. It was fun and we had a lot of laughs.  Now to bed.  Day one is now over and in the books.



No comments: