Saturday, November 7, 2015

Let the Adventure Begin

It hardly seems like a real time but 3:45 is real.  That is the time I got up. Art got up at 4:00.  Being retired I forgot how hard it is to get up so freak show early....but so worth it.  When Art made the reservations back in February he worked and finagled to get us first class tickets.  Let me say first class is everything it is cracked up to be.  We decided not tell the Bootlick and Miss Cricket but instead surprise them,  It was so fun anticipating their reaction.  It  was almost as good as waiting for Christmas.  Oh, it was so hard not to spill the beans but we were so careful not to say anything. 

As the time for the tirip drew near, it was harder and harder to keep it secret.  At one point they asked it we had seat assigments. Oh.my.goodness.  I about croaked.  We easily distracted them and kept the secret. Whew!

We met them at the airport this morning,  Yes they were surprised.  We walked up to the first class line and Miss Cricket thought we were in the wrong line.  But .........we didn't get the first class expedited treatment.  Recently American Airlines and US Airways merged.  They still need to work up out the bugs.  The ticket agent started to enter our info and then stopped turned to the lady next him and said we have another one. Ugh Oh!! The lady was on the phone and was helping some other passengers with the same problem. Apparently the new system didn't allow us to check in any bags.  He asked us to step aside so he could help other passengers.  After waiting about 40 minutes, the lady was able to get the system to accept our bags.  Hallelujah!!!!  We then proceeded to the security check point. We had precheck so we didn't have  to remove our shoes and it should have been easy.  Well for three of us it was.  I walked through and BEEP.  I sounded the alarm. I had some rivets on my pants and thought that is what it was.  The security agent assured me that couldn't be it.  We tried to figure out what it could be.  Then it dawned on me.  I am such an idiot...........I left my darling grandkid bracelet on.  I love it and wear it all the time and didn't even think twice about it.  I hurriedly took it off and shazame..... it worked. 

Because we were first class, we could board early.  As soon as we got to the gate, Art needed to use the restroom.  No sooner did he walk away it was time to board.  I sent the Bootlick and Miss Cricket on their way so they could get a drink and snack while everyone boarded. (a perk of being in first class).  As soon as Art got back we  went to board.  The agent scanned my ticket and instead of the happy beep, I got the dejected beep.  Art asked if his was good so the agent scanned his and sure enough he got the happy beep.   I had to once again step aside.  When the original ticket agent realized there was a problem, he just stopped and didn't check me in so they gave my seat to someone else.  That person was really mad when they told him he couldn't have the upgrade.  I thought for sure I would end up sitting in coach but nope the lady who helped us earlier took care of it and it wasn't long before I was sitting in my seat in first class.  She told me I was good to go and wouldn't have to check in at the gate in Phoenix.  Sorry but I was leery.  When we got to Phoenix, I asked the agent at the gate if I needed to check in.  She smiled and said not unless you are Art.  The original agent didn't enter Art's info in.  It all worked out and we made it to Cancun just fine. It is hot and humid......just like we like it.  We love the room and and are super excited for a fun week ahead of us.  The time is two hours ahead of the time at home so we can retire early and not even feel  bad about it being early......so good night all. I need to get to bed soon so I can be rested for the fun week ahead.




1 comment:

Mrs. Doctor said...

Holy smokes, so glad you were able to be first class!!! That would have sucked so bad! Have a GREAT time!!!