Wednesday, November 11, 2015

It Was Just a Fabulous Day!!

This morning Art went out early to score us some loungers by the pool. After breakfast we headed to the pool.  It was a little cooler this morning and a little cloudy.  It didn't last long ......it warmed right up.  Miss Cricket and I played on the slide.  We had a grand time.  Then we played in the pool.

After lunch we decided to play in the ocean.  The sand in the beach was pretty rocky and had broken shells so I went to  the gift shop and bought some aqua socks.  Art and I went first.  Art had his boogie board and had hopes of using it to ride the waves. We walked out in the warm ocean water and let the waves crash into our legs.  The waves carried a lot of sand with them.  We didn't seem too far in when the waves got harder and stronger and it had a really strong undertow. It didn't take long to fill my aqua socks with sand. We decided not to stay.  The pool was more my speed. The Bootlick and Miss Cricket came out about the time we left.  They decided to stay and play.  The waves hit Miss Cricket and knocked her over and as the Bootlick bent over to help her up, a wave hit him and down his shorts went. They decided the pool would be better as well. Too funny!!!!

Tonight we went to the Chef's dinner,  It was really fun, entertaining and delicious.  They even had a live band play while we were eating.  The chef explained each course.  I enjoyed all the food except the tuna.  I am just not a fish fan.  I tried to eat it but I really don't enjoy sucker meat.

At lunch today the staff sang happy birthday to a gentleman at the table next to us.  They gave him the cake that the Bootlick and I love.  They don't serve it anywhere so I asked the waitress where she got it and she said we could get it from room service.  So after dinner we came back to the room and ordered cake from  room service.  Darn it......it was the cake they serve everywhere and not the yummy cake we wanted.  Oh well you can't have it all.

We ended the evening by playing a game.  Over all it was just a fabulous day.

No comments: