Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Shopping

Today was another beautiful day!  We found some loungers by the pool then went and had breakfast.   After breakfast, Trixie and the ol Coonster and I took a dip in the pool.  Then we dried off and went back to the room and got ready for a fun day shopping.

We took a cab in to town.  Cairo was our driver and although we had a few scares, the ride wasn’t to bad.  We joked with him all the way and the time went quickly.  First we had lunch at one of our most favorite restaurants.  It was so delicious.  We did a lot of walking and my foot and leg did great.  Woohoo!  The ol Coonster found a great pair of shoes.  I think they look really great.  They also were able to get some fun souvenirs.  After visiting several shops and visiting the old Church, we headed to Costco. I even got a pair of swim shoes at a Costco.

The return cab ride was pretty scary.  I was so glad to get back to the hotel. Usually I am in the back with Art and if it gets scary I grab his leg. I was in the front this time so I had to grab my own leg ... and I did.   I kept thinking “hmmmm we are going to make it all the way to the scene of the crash” but thankfully we made back safe.  We had a lovely dinner on the beach.  It was a little chilly for me and Trixie so the guys were going to get our sweaters but the manager of the restaurant so “oh no don’t go we have wraps”. He brought us table runners to wear.  They worked great and kept us warm.  Every place we eat they are very careful to make sure Trixie gets only gluten free.  Tonight they brought us a plateful of desserts and ice cream for Trixie.

I didn’t get much sleep last night.  I was up throwing up but today I felt great.  Now tonight after crawling into bed Art decided he would spend the night throwing up.  Hope he recovers as quick as I did......or sooner.

Tomorrow Trixie and I have spa appointments..... which reminds me.  They offer quick ten minute massages by the pool.  I just love it.

No comments: