Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Spa Day You Say

Another beautiful day in paradise!  Trixie, the Ol Coonster and I got up and went to breakfast.  Art was up all night sicker than a dog.  I felt so bad for him.  While he slept, I slipped down to have some food.  The ol Coonster said he would help me as I am on two crutches.  (Art usually helps me and is so good to make sure I am taken care of.) But while we were waiting for our omelets the chef said something to one of the workers and they came and assisted me.  I was glad because that way the ol Coonster could get his breakfast without having to wait on me first.  That is the way the ol Coonster is though.  He is very thoughtful. Hope they do that again so Art can get his first without having to take care of me first.

After breakfast, I came back up and spent the morning on the deck......in case Art needed anything.  The ol Coonster and Trixie went to the beach.

This afternoon, Trixie and I went for a massage.  Now let me just stop right there for a second.  We had massages scheduled but what we got was an experience.  Ivan was assigned to us and he took good care of us.  The Spa was decorated in gold and white.  It was really upscale.  First we went in the sauna for 10 minutes then we went in this chamber?. The chamber according to Ivan was.....in his exact words “relaxing and invigorating” for your shoulders, neck, and back.  Ummmmm not!  Trixie said she would be the gineau pig and go first.  GREAT!  She went into this chamber thing and sat down.  Ivan told her to bend her head and lean forward just a little which she willingly complied.  Then WHOOSH!  Over head, out of this very large looking bullet thing, without any warning came water...... not just a dribble but a full on fire hose amount.  It dumped on her like nothing I have ever seen.  The look on her face was sheer and utter shock and surprise as she let out a horrified scream.  She grabbed her head like it was about to pop off.  Everyone turned to look and when Ivan and I locked eyes on each other, we burst into laughter.  I laughed til I cried.  She was in there for 90 seconds.  The longest 90 seconds of her life she would say.  When she got out she asked if she made a sound...........oh she sure did. Ivan told me oh it is cold at first but then warms up.  Well that’s a lie.  It is cold and stays cold.  Really shocking cold.  After watching Trixie, I told Ivan I would pass as it takes a long time to dry my hair.  But Ivan was not going to take no for an answer.  He got me a shower cap.  I honestly didn’t think I would make it the full 90 minutes.  But I did. Good Golly it was cold and 90 seconds is a long time.  After the torture chamber we got into a lovely hot tub.  We didn’t get to enjoy it nearly long enough as it was time for our massages.  Trixie had a relaxation massage and mine was a hot stone.  It felt so good.  The therapist didn’t touch my foot at all but she rubbed my sore knee and man did that feel good.  I really think it helped.  Overall,  I really am doing a lot better.... I have less pain everyday.  After the massages we sat in chairs with a hot rice packs around our necks and a cool cloth on our foreheads.  We sipped tea and had cookies, almonds, and raisins while looking out on the ocean.  It truly was an experience.  We loved every minute........well except the chamber.  And I must admit, I loved watching Trixie do it.  I wish I had video to show her so she could enjoy watching too.  We laughed the rest of the day over it.

We ordered some room service for a snack then Art went back to bed and off to dinner the rest of us went.  They started a new menu tonight so it was a little hectic for the wait staff.  They did a good job all things considered and we had a good meal.

Off to bed as I am pretty tired.  Hope Art is better tomorrow.   Good night to all.

No comments: