Monday, December 10, 2007

60 Years Putting Your Hat On and Go To The Barn



My parents just celebrated 60 years of marriage. It is just incredible. They are a great example of love and commitment. The bishop of their ward (church) recently asked them to attend a marriage class. When I heard, I about fell over laughing. I thought if they haven't figured it out after 60 years, what hope do the rest of us have. What a treat it must be to be the class with them. They have a lot of insight. I am sure the other members of the class have learned a lot from them. My parents say the key is to know when to put your hat on and go to the barn. Of course it helps to have a nice barn to go to.

Don and I went to see them and horned in on the celebrating. We had a fun time. We hired a limousine and went to dinner and then toured the town looking at the lights. We had a great time.

Connie, Dad (Ralph), Mom (Wavie) in limo

Connie with her parents (Ralph & Wavie)

1 comment:

Mrs. Doctor said...

I would sign up for the marriage class in a heart beat if I knew they were in there! And Granelda....your hair is so dark! I hardly recognized ya. :) What a good looking bunch.