Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Disastrous Day Diverted

Last night it started to rain. It rained all night with thunder and lightning. Now let me tell you the thunder has to be extremely loud to be heard over the sound of the ocean. It even woke me up a couple of times. The rain was literally torrential. It was a little reminiscent of when we were here in February. We got up and it was still raining. Dang! We thought maybe we would have to cancel our plans for the day. We had breakfast and went to see our rep about cancelling. She told us she got up at 5: oo this morning and did a rain dance and the rain would stop by 12:00. We told her we were scheduled at 11:00 for our excursion and she assured us it would be fine so we kept our plans and……………..she was so right. Her dance worked. The rains stopped and it warmed up. So we were able to keep our plans.
We went to Wet and Wild and swam with the dolphins. Wet and Wild is a water park. When we got there the first thing Art said was “wow our grandkids would love this.” And he was right. We walked all around and then we went to swim with the dolphins. The dolphin we swam with was a male named Echo. He was a thing of beauty. Art wasn’t going to do it but the lady booking our tours told him he would like it and signed him up. He was a good sport and went. We had a good time. Dolphins are absolutely amazing. After the dolphins we went and played in the park. We rented some tubes and floated the Lazy River three times. We went down one of the water slides. We had to climb A LOT of stairs to get to the top. I got more scared with each step. I repeatedly asked Art if he was sure about it and he kept saying yes it would be fun and I kept saying I wasn’t sure. I thought I was going to have a coronary before we reached the top. We made it to the top and got in a boat and the worker pushed us off. Yes I screamed. We made it to the bottom…whew. When we got out I said wow that was fun do you want to do it again? Art replied No it wasn’t that much fun. HA HA HA we could have guessed we would switch. We spent the day there. The wave pool was fun as well. We gave our tubes away to a young couple when we left. That way they wouldn’t have to rent them. It was our act of kindness today. Art ordered chips and guacamole and shrimp from room service for us to munch on after we got cleaned up. Before dinner we played Texas Holdem. We had a late dinner and are going to watch the show from our deck. That is if we can stay awake. I think I reached my food max today. I am so full I can hardly move. We need to get our rest tonight because we will be doing a lot of walking tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mrs. Doctor said...

Good for you doing the slide!!! Now you can understand why I chickened out. :) Hope you got lots of rest.