Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Home

Whenever my parents and my Aunt Betty get together my aunt always requests my parents to play the song I wanna go home. That song has replayed in my head over and over. After our power nap, Art went to the hotel lobby to get us some breakfast while I got ready. It was a typical hotel breakfast. The orange juice was orange but it tasted like water. It was just weird. My darling Art went and got me a Dr Pepper. We headed to the airport. It took us just under ten minutes to get there. The night before it took the taxi over thirty minutes. Hmmmmmmm. Anyway, we checked in and we will fly to Los Angeles and then switch airlines. Because we are switching airlines we couldn't get seats on the new plane until we got to LA. Our hope was that we would be able to get seats on the first flight to Boise. The good thing is we didn't have to claim our luggage, it was booked all the way through.

On the plane to LA a young man (Nick) sat next to me and heard Art and I talking about going home and hoping we would be able to get on the flight to Boise. He asked if we were going to Boise and we said yes. He said that was what he was doing as well. So I asked him what flight screwed him up that he needed to do what we were doing and as it turned out he was on the same flight we were from Cancun. His brother got married on Saturday in Cancun. He is attending BSU. When we landed in LA we told him he could stay with us and we would get everything figured out together. He was relieved and thanked us a few times. The airport in LA is huge. We landed in building one and had to take the bus to building seven. We didn't have much time so we had no time to dawdle. We checked in a got a boarding pass but not a seat assignment. Nick had a seat assignment, so you know me, I was worried we might be standby. We hurried to the security point which was a little hike and oh my the line was really long. Art and I were hoping we could get through in time. After a few minutes in line one of the airline employees walked up to us and said come with me so we walked all the way back to the check in and went to another security check point and got right through. Whew. Once we got to the gate, we went to the airline agent and she asked what our last name was and when we told her she got a funny smile and told us we had seats (yeah) but they weren't together. I asked if it was on the same plane and she laughed and said yes so we said as long as we were on the same plane we didn't care. She said she wish all couples were like us. We said of course we would like to sit together but if it wasn't possible so be it. When we got on the plane we were just across the isle from each other and Art asked the guy sitting next to me if he would trade seats and he was more than happy to. We made it home and the Buddy and Miss R were there to greet us with loving arms. We arrived home safe and sound. AHHHH. You know if everything went smooth what would we have to talk about? This is what makes memories...............right?

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

Glad you made it home, finally!

Trixie L'Amour said...

Actually, I think a nice, smooth flight home would make just as strong memories......glad you are safe and sound....