Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today we went to...............

Today after breakfast we got on a bus and headed to XCARET. We spent the entire day there. It is a fun place and has a lot to see. Personally, I think they are expensive but it is fun and I had a good time. We walked our little legs off though as there is a lot of ground to cover. We played on the beach. We got in the water but didn’t swim…it was a little dirty for me. When Art asked me if I thought the yuk in the water was fish poop…..yeah I was done and so was he. But we enjoyed the beach. We took a boat ride down the river. It just so happened we were the only ones on the boat. Our own little tour if you will. The boat was powered by the guide’s legs. He had no oars and would kick the rocks to propel the boat. It was kinda crazy. We saw lot of animals, watched the dolphins play, saw a huge butterfly refuge. I couldn’t believe all the butterflies. They were really pretty. They also had bats down in a cave but I wasn’t interested in doing that. They also have an underground river that you can swim but it looked worse than the water at the beach. Yikes. At the end of the day, they put on a big show. It is of the Mexican history. I thought the show and music was awesome. My darn camera wasn’t working so I didn’t get a lot of pictures but I did manage to get a few. We got back to the hotel about 9:45 pm and had a little dinner and now we are tired and ready for bed. In fact Art is already in bed and almost asleep. Overall great day.

No comments: