Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday

The weather today was mucho better. Yesterday it was chilly and rainy but today was sunny and warmer. We had a great breakfast and then went to the Cancun Palace for our presentation. After we finished with the presentation we took a taxi to the Beach Palace. We had lunch on the roof top. They have really good lunches there and normally they give you a lot. Today I ordered a ham and cheese burger with fries. It was delicious but I hated to eat the fries after I named them. Art got a lot and I got a few. I think the cook liked him. Then we hopped on the bus and went to Walmart for sunscreen, vanilla and sunglasses for Art. Then back to our hotel to sit on the beach. There isn’t much sun left after 3:30 so we headed in about 4:00. We have met some nice couples. One of the couples we met..just let me say I think the guy could be a stand up comedian. He was really fun to visit with. Before dinner I played Texas holdem and Art watched and drank a couple bumblebees. It is a new drink he discovered. We had a great dinner. There is a man that sings with his two daughters in one of the restaurants and we just love them. A few years ago we bought one of their CDs. They go from table to table and sing for you. Art always asks them to sing his favorite. I am not sure what the name of it is but it is the same tune as “Aye Aye, Aye, Aye I am the frito bandito”. They are very talented and we so enjoy listening to them. It is pretty obvious that business is way down. We were told that tourism here is down so low that the government has given hotels a stimulus to help them out. At dinner I counted 10 tables that were occupied. Normally the restaurant is packed with a lot of waiters and staff but even the staff has been cut way back. Even with all the cut backs the service and people are so attentive and nice. Some of the staff even remembered us from February. That is fun.
Now let me just say …yes I have green eyes and I am from America.

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

I love the singing family!!! We missed them EVERY TIME we were there in June. Did you try the augratin?

Granelda Thudpucker said...

Not yet... probably tomorrow. I had to have the fillet mignon and potatoes first.