Thursday, June 16, 2011

Last Full Day Here

More walking for today. I have walked so much I got a blister. The back of my ankle started to hurt and when I looked at it, I could see where my shoe rubbed it so much I had a blister that popped. Ouch! Anyway I didn't let it deter me any.

I met a nice man from Oregon on the bus this morning. He and his wife are part of a tour group and his wife decided she would rather shop than see any of the sites so we went to some of the places together. After the first stop, we also hooked up with another lady that was part of his tour group. They were a lot of fun. Then this afternoon at one of the sites, a couple of ladies were having trouble with the map and came up to me and asked me to help them. We started talking and they asked if they could go around with me. Why not! So I really didn't spend a lot of time alone. Oh and yesterday I hooked up with some brothers and today I ran into them again so I hooked them up with the ladies and then left. They were a perfect match.

One of the sites I went to was an 1800s mental hospital. It was c-r-e-e-p-y. If you weren't insane when you arrived, you certainly would be when you left. But the cool thing was in the basement there was a huge museum with furniture, silver, pottery, portraits, and quilts just to name few things. It was huge.

Poor Art had to sit in meetings all day. To honor him I attended an 1800s legislative session at the Capitol. I think I had the better deal for the day.

After a stop at the conference reception, Art and I went to the colonial district for dinner. We had a good dinner. At one of the stops the man from Oregon and his wife got on so Art was able to meet him.

The weather was a little cooler and overcast. It finally rained a little tonight. Hope tomorrow has better weather. Tomorrow after lunch we head to DC. Yeah!! Art and I can see the sites together.

No comments: