Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tidbits of the Day....

The day started out usual enough but I did have few moment to share. MK and Miss R took us to the airport at a decent hour. They picked us up at 10:00. A big thanks to them for taking us. Here is my first funny moment. At the Boise airport, a couple was sitting behind us getting ready to get on the plane. They were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. How did I know? You couldn't help overhear their conversations and yes I was paying attention......don't judge. Anyway, this was the first time they flew and they were a bit nervous. They called someone they knew to check if they were doing everything right. (pretty cute). Then they had this converstation.

Man: Would you like to sit by the window?
Lady: Oh, the plane has windows?
Man: Sure they do.....well .......I think they do........no I am pretty sure they do.
Lady: Ok but so you know I am not rolling it down. That is too much wind for me.

The Buddy loaded some movies on to my new ipad. Yes I said new ipad. Art gave me a new ipad for my birthday. Oh I just love it. Art does too. Thanks to the Buddy I was able to watch a funny movie and I laughed right out loud a couple of times. It was great. The flights were all good. The flight from SLC to Atlanta was a little bumpy a couple of times but nothing bad. And I even thought landing was fairly calm but the lady sitting directly behind Art threw up all over herself. No not in a bag but all over herself. The good news is Art didn't receive any of it. Thank Heavens!!!

We had two GPSs and they both had trouble finding the satellite. But eventually they worked and we arrived at our hotel safe and sound. It was about midnight. We were both tired and ready for bed. About 1:30 am I woke to a familiar yet unfamiliar sound. I thought Art's alarm was awfully loud.....then it hit me what it was. I sat up and turned the light on. Art stood up and this is our conversation.
Art: What is that?
Me: the fire alarm
Art: Yeah I know that.

I then hurried to the hall to see if I could see smoke. The gentleman in the next room came out as well. This is our conversation.
Man: What is that?
Me: the fire alarm
Man: OK ..... That is what I thought

I guess they were just asking to confirm...............

The hotel emptied out into the parking lot. Fortunately, it was just a false alarm. It took the fire department almost a 1/2 hour to show up. Had it been a real fire, they should have brought marshmallows and wienies because by the time they got here, the fire would have been a good blaze. Back to bed for a quick power nap as Art has to get up early for the conference.

1 comment:

Mrs. Doctor said...

What memories you are building! The same thing (fire alarm) happened to us on our honeymoon! Love the airplane window story, too cute. Enjoy your day!