Friday, June 17, 2011

Moving On

Today was the last day of the conference. I had breakfast with Art this morning and he went to the conference and I went back down to the colonial area with one of the other spouses. She is a lovely lady from Utah. We had a lot in common and really hit off. We had a great morning together. We went back to the hotel about 11: 15 and Art showed up about 11: 30. Art and I packed up before breakfast so we were ready to head to DC. The traffic was crazy and there was a wreck so we decided to stop and have some lunch to give them time to clear the wreckage away.

After checking into our hotel we decided to head to Arlington Cemetery. And let me just say I was very humbled. We hiked up to see the Kennedy graves. I was surprised how plain some were. But is was still humbling none the less. As luck would have it, we were able to see the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. It choked me up. It was amazing!!! I was so surprised how big the cemetery was. It was a little overwhelming. I am so grateful that I was able to go. It started to sprinkle a little but we got back before it started to rain hard.

We went to the managers happy hour at the hotel and then we walked to a shopping mall area to have dinner. On the way it started to rain. We ate at a rib place. The ribs were delicious. While we were in the restaurant it rained pretty hard but when we got back outside it had stopped raining. Whew. Back to the room to relax. I am so excited to be here and I am so looking forward to hanging out with Art and seeing all the sites.

No comments: