Monday, June 20, 2011

Oh goodness it is already our last day in DC. After breakfast we checked out of the hotel, left the car in the hotel parking lot and took a cab to Capitol Hill. We started at the Library of Congress. Wow was the library ever awesome. I am so glad we decided to go back to see it. It was so worth it. We spent several hours there and we didn't even see it all. But it really was amazing. We were really lucky because there was hardly anyone there when we got there and it got really full by the time we left. Then we headed over to the Capitol. We wandered around there a little and then we walked(a long walk) down to the original Smithsonian, the castle. I was surprised how small it was....well in comparison to everything else. But it was cool. After that we caught a cab back to the area of our hotel and had a late lunch.

The Buddy told us about a sandwich shop so we went there. It was really yummy. I would definitely go there again. We tried the milkshakes and they were good too but when will I learn.....no matter how good the shake is, it makes my stomach hurt. Thank heavens I packed pro-actazymes.

After lunch we headed back to Newport News. It was a pleasant drive. We took a little side road and it was really pretty. After getting checked in to the motel, we took a dip in the pool. It was so refreshing. Then we just rested by the pool.
We walked next door to a store and then went to a Japanese Hibachi Steak House. It was really good but they gave us way too much food. I couldn't even eat half of it. It was yummy. We waddled back to the motel.

Tonight it is like a barnyard.....our calves are mooing and our dogs are howling.(our legs and feet hurt from so much walking). It is hard to believe we go home tomorrow. The time has just flown by. I need to say, every hotel we stayed at was really nice. I usually take pictures of the rooms that we stay in and for some reason I didn't do it this time. I wish I would have because they were all nice. And the bed at the last hotel was awesomely comfortable. One of the best ones we have ever slept in. Not only was it comfortable, Art's feet didn't hang over the end.

One small sad note. I lost one of my favorite earrings and I never did find it. Dang.....oh well.

1 comment:

Mrs. Doctor said...

I'm so glad you have had such a nice trip! Everyone at my house is super jealous, mostly Dude. Love ya!