Saturday, June 18, 2011

Red Letter Day

What a great day. We got up and had a quick breakfast and got on the shuttle to head to town. We did the trolley tour. I don't think I would recommend it but it worked out ok. We saw A LOT. I thought I walked my tail off but when we got back to the hotel I felt something nipping at my feet. It was my tail. I didn't walk it off, it was just dragging. It was hot and humid. I was sweating like crazy. I was and Art wasn't. What on earth is the deal with that?


We saw the White House, White House Visitor Center, National Archives, the original Magna Cata, original Constitution, original Bill of Rights, original Declaration of Independence, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Ford Theater, The Natural History Museum, The Hope Diamond and other precious gems, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, and Georgetown. We saw a a lot of buildings that we didn't stop to go into. Some we will go to tomorrow. It was all a bit overwhelming. I love my government and Country. How proud I am to be an American. I must admit, I thought I knew a lot about the Country's history but I felt a little stupid a couple of times today. I am motivated to study and learn more. Today also confirmed my conviction that the forefathers were foreordained. It was fun seeing and experiencing it all with my darling Art. We were tired when we got back to our hotel. We did the manger's reception, ate some dinner and back to the room to put our tired feet up. AHHHH what a great day.

No comments: