Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 2 Shirt Off Your Back

Today was a fun day. We got up early and went to the hotel presentation. I could probably do a whole blog about that experience but I won't. It was a bad presentation and the room they showed us as their best.....well I will just say, I wouldn't stay there even if it was free. Anyway I think the first salesman we had was fired. He was really bad and when the manager came over to see what he had told us or didn't tell us he was so mad, he told the guy to go directly to the mangers office and wait for him. Yikes!!! The breakfast they served us was too hard to gag down but we did our best.

The rest of the day was awesome. We sat on the beach and as my mom would say it was a good day for the parade. We could not have asked for better weather. While we were lounging and watching folks swim in the ocean, I saw a man with a blue and orange swim suit on. I said to Art hey that guys has on a BSU suit. Not realizing it really WAS a BSU swim suit. A little later he walked past our loungers and I could see the BSU logo on his suit and he was wearing a BSU ball cap. Soooooo I hollered "GO BRONCOS". He turned around and said thanks. Then he came up to us and we all commiserated on the sad game. He said he was from Eagle. He said his daughter worked for a store and made some BSU shirts and lanyards with Puerto Vallarta on them. We thought that was cool. He said he would contact us back home and get Art one. Pretty cool!! Then he came back and handed Art a shirt and said his wife insisted he give Art his. Very nice!!! A little while later we went to fill our drinks and we ran into him and his wife. We thanked her as well and she gave me her shirt. Sweet! She gave me the shirt off her back. (Well it was really sitting on her chair but she had worn it to the pool. Yes over her swimming suit.) It was so thoughtful of them and we love the shirts.

When I went to camp, I bought an insulated water bottle. I love it. Before coming here, we got one for Art. We brought them with us, Today we kept them full. I have virgin strawberry margaritas and Art had pina coladas. The bottles worked fabulously. I think we will take them on all our trips.

When we came back to the room this morning we found a sign beside the door that read "Casa Berg" So cool. We took pictures of it.

Dinner was excellent and now it is about time to call it a day, Best part of today.......palling around with Art. The rest was just gravy. Tomorrow we are going to venture out. It will be a long day for Art. Yes we are going shoe shopping. Best get my rest. As soon as I can figure out how to load the photos I will. Sorry this new laptop and iPad , tablet thing is not behaving. Anyway stay tuned for photos.

No comments: