Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 5

Another great day in Paradise. We spent the morning on the beach and the afternoon at the pool. I forgot to mention that yesterday morning I was reading my book and Art said wow look at the porpoises. I looked up and there must of been about 12 dolphins jumping in the air. It was fun to watch and we all know how much I love dolphins. A few showed up again today. What a treat.

My darling Art has turned into a musical. It started the day we left. While we were waiting for the taxi he started singing the verse about the taxi coming in the song "Leaving on a Jet Plane". Cracked me up. Every day since, when I say something for a response he breaks out in song. I am living in a musical. It has been pretty funny and he has quite an array of songs.

A couple here is always commenting on how great our drink cups are. Yesterday, Art told them we got them at Walmart. The man said that didn't do them any good here. We told him he could go to Walmart here and it was in walking distance. He was stunned. We ran into them tonight and here is the conversation:

the man: hey I want to tell you we walked to Walmart. My wife bought all kinds of fun stuff. She just kept loading up the cart with stuff.

the woman: but we forgot to look for the drink mugs

the man: we didn't realize until we got back

Art: should have made a list

the woman: but the only thing we went for was the drink mugs

Me: that is just like you to forget the eggs

We all laughed.....don't know if they know that joke or not but it made Art and I laugh.

The weather today was a little cloudy. It was still a nice day though. It is the most clouds we have seen since we got here. I am excited for tomorrow as we are scheduled for a couple's 30 minute back massage. That's right, Art has somehow lost his mind (maybe it's the musical in his mind) and agreed to a couples massage. Should be an interesting event - stay tuned.

No comments: