Saturday, April 21, 2012

MK Conquers Robie

Today was the Robie's half marathon.  It is a treacherous 13 mile race over Aldape summit.  To add insult to injury the race started at noon with the temperature over 80 degrees.  My hat off to MK, she did it.  I am so proud of her.  She did it in about 2 hours and 43 minutes.  To put it in perspective.  Miss R and I drove there.  It took us 1 hour and 50 minutes.  

I had the pleasure to go with MK and Miss R to the starting point.  After the race started Miss R, another runners wife and I went and picked up burgers and fries and headed to the finish line.  We drove most of the way and then hopped on a bus to go the rest of the way. We had a little picnic at the finish line and waited for MK.  I thought the race was well organized.  I was warned by several folks to be prepared to wait in long lines but we didn't have to wait long at all.  

Way to go MK... you did awesome!!!!









No comments: