Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sunny Day

This morning we had a great breakfast.  The food has really improved. After breakfast we wandered around to find a lounger but they were all taken.  So we decided to go back to our fabulous deck.  Art turned the speaker on and we listened to music and sat on our chairs and loungers and enjoyed the ocean.  It was wonderful.  There is a lot of people here and all day there was a bunch of people running around but once 4:oo hit people seemed to just disappear.  It is strange.

Anyway we grabbed a hamburger for lunch then walked over to the barter market.  Art got a new hat.  I didn't get anything.  I know, it is surprising even to me.  But I did buy a new swimsuit cover from one of the beach vendors.  After we got back from the market, we got in the pool.  It was refreshing.  Then down to the beach for a couple hours.   Some folks got a fish and when they started to skin and gut it 50 - 60  birds showed up out of nowhere It was the craziest.  Art and I were worried we would pooped on but whew... we didn't.  As soon as they were done with the fish, the birds disappeared as fast as they showed up. 

We got cleaned up and went to dinner.  Dinner was scrumptious.  We had steak and shrimp.   The steak was cooked to perfection.  It was sooooo tender and flavorful.  The shrimp....oh my goodness.... the shrimp was not ordinary shrimp.  It was bacon wrapped shrimp.  AWWWWW.  We all know how much Art loves bacon.  He loved it.....I did too.  he got a bottle of wine and couldn't drink it all so he gave it the matre'd.   His name is Pauly and he is just a great guy and he was so thrilled.  When he realized I don't drink alcohol, he made me a a special drink that was really good but I bet it was loaded with sugar......why else would it be so good.  I am not sure how but I almost dumped the table at dinner.  We no more recovered from that when the lady at the table next to us fell off her chair.  She was OK but scary.  We ended up talking later in the evening and she found out I was from Idaho and said she has relatives in Boise.  Then I asked her where she is from and she was from Joplin Missouri and has cousins in Sedalia.  Small world.  

The best news......our luggage showed up about 4:30.  Whew!!!!  We were thrilled.  It didn't take long to unpack.  What a relief to have our things.

The weather today was just perfect.   We got our name plague put on our door today.  When I figure how to load it on to the blog I will post it.

No comments: