Thursday, January 22, 2015

Today Started Out Normal

Yes today started out normal......Art got up early to reserve us a place on the beach but all the good spots had been taken.  We figured folks put towels out the night before. More people arrived so there wasn't any places left by 8:00.  We got the last table at breakfast.  Breakfast was really good.  We then spent a couple hours on the beach.  Poor Art was really hot from the sun beating down on us so we hopped into the pool to cool off.  It was pretty cold when we first got in.  It didn't take but a second to cool off but we endured and stayed in a while. Then we hung out on our fabulous deck.

While we were at lunch a couple of charming ladies that we met last year arrived.  It was so fun to see them.  We visited with them a little while. There are alot of folks here that we recognize from last year. After lunch,  we walked across the street and Art made arrangements for me to have two massages. Such a great guy.  I had one of them today.

First let me say I did enjoy the massage but it was the strangest massage I have ever received. I am not even sure how to describe it.  There was a lot of contorting. It was really different, nothing I expected.  When I go back for the other one I will know what to expect.  The hotel has a dinner for returning guests.  The dinner was tonight.  It is a nice perk and we really enjoy it.  There wasn't as many people there as there has in the past.  It was very enjoyable.  We sat with two other couples and it was a delightful evening.

I wanted to got Walmart.  Last year I bought a swim shirt there and I wanted to get the shorts that matched and another shirt.  We decided to go tonight.   We thought if we went at night, it wouldn't take away from our day in the sun.  Since it is only a half mile away, we normally walk but since it was dark, we decided to take a taxi.  Holy Smokes Myrna!!!!   The ride scared 5 years off our lives. We have had some scary rides but holy smokes......Our driver an older gentleman took off  and immediately ran a stop sign.  Then instead of stopping at a stop light, he weaved around cars and kept going.  Art just finished commenting that he would hate to drive here and we noticed the traffic ahead of us was stopped.  Our driver wasn't slowing down........in fact he started to speed up.  There was a bus stopped ahead of us. It was obvious he was not going to stop and when he stepped on the gas, Art held the ceiling and we both stomped our feet like we were trying to step on the breaks and I screamed.  I think my scream startled him awake and he slammed on his breaks and we slid right up to the bus but we didn't hit it.  Oh..My..Word.  It scared me so bad I started to laugh.  We got to Walmart and jumped out of the cab as fast as we could.  Wow, we made it in one piece.  I didn't find the shorts in my size...dang it but I did get a shirt that will work.  The ride back to the hotel was much much better.    

We got in the elevator tonight and couple got in with us.  The man was extremely drunk.  I am not sure how could still stand let alone walk.  When the elevator arrived on his floor, his wife got out and he turned to us and said they had been married for 57 years and she had a mental problem....she drank too much.  We busted out laughing.  Yeah she had a problem alright.......but he was her problem.

The weather was great.  Partly cloudy but very beautiful.

No comments: