Saturday, January 24, 2015

Today Was A Crazy Day

We slept in this morning.  It felt good but it made us late going to breakfast.  By the time we got there it was full.  Fortunately, we could eat just inside the restaurant instead of outside where all the tables are.  Service was really slow in there but that is OK.  The regular cook was off today so it wasn't as good as it has been all week. More people arrived today.  The hotel is busier than I have ever see it.  We didn't even try to get a lounger.  After breakfast we came back to our fabulous deck.

About noon we headed to the Malecon.  We ate lunch at the Blue Shrimp restaurant.  It was really good.  It is right at the waters edge.  We had shrimp, asparagus soup and fresh guacamole.  We were told by a couple people at the hotel to check out the wall by the bathroom.  There are pictures of everyone famous who ate there.  Soooo I checked out the wall.  I was paying attention to the pictures and not where I was going. I walked right in the men's room.  Oops!!!!  I walked in and immediately saw urinals and realized what I had done.  I had hoped I could sneak out and no one would be the wiser but as I walked out the manager came running.......laughing he said Oh Señorita you are in the wrong bano.  Ya think????  We both started to laugh.  He thought I was just going in, he didn't know I was walking out.  It was a good laugh.

We walked all around the Malecon.  There were lots of fun shops and the mother of all flea markets. It was good to walk around.  The taxi ride back was a little scary.  Not as scary as the ride to Walmart but it was a close second.  Art and I both thought we were going to side swipe a car while passing it.  It was good to get back to the hotel.

We went to the pool.  We managed to score a couple of loungers.  It was a little cool out so we got in the hot tub.  It is part of the pool.  After a bit, Art decided to rest on a lounger and I stayed in.  Several folks came and got in.  It was fun to visit.  At one point a new guy came and he had a little too much to drink.  Someone asked one of the ladies where her husband was and she said he was in the room hungover so he was resting.  She said he was up until 3:00 am and he had kept mooning people last night.  The new guy said that was no big deal, he did it all the time.  The lady looked funny at him and said oh yeah.. I dare you to do it now,  Soooooooo he did........yes he stood up and mooned her......twice.   Yes he did.  Holy smokes!!!!

While we were on the deck this evening watching the sunset we could hear a chirping sound.  It was loud and annoying.  I thought it must be a bird.  Then all of a sudden hundreds ( I am not even kidding) of bats flew across the deck.  It was crazy.  They just kept coming.  They were the noise we heard.  I have never seen anything like it.

We ate a very late super.  We had 9:00 reservations for the French restaurant.  When we arrived there were quite a few people there but it was not full.  We were promptly seated.  After we were seated Art leaned across the table and asked if the table was a little too close to me.  I said no it is perfect.  He spreads his arms and said look at all the room I have.  He could cross his legs and never touch the table. He had a ton of room.  The table was bolted to wall so we couldn't move it closer to him.  It was unreal how far the seat was from the table.  Art said it was like sitting in the back seat of a car and trying to reach the steering wheel to drive.   He said even if he scooted forward he couldn't sit like that all night to eat.  I tried, I couldn't either so we switched tables.

It was pretty cloudy today.  Talk of rain tomorrow.  Hope not.





























No comments: