Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Hope You’re Not Hungry

The clouds parted and the sun came out. Woohoo!!  It really was a nice day. It was still windy but no rain.   The sun was out in full force.  The pool was really full of folks.  Of coarse the forecast said rain  so I booked spa services.  Me and several other folks.  The Spa was packed.  My appointments started at noon, so I told Art not to wait for me for lunch I would grab something when I was through.

The Spa was great.  I had a back massage that was heavenly.  Only problem with it was it was too short.  It was 25 minutes but it seemed like 5. Man I could have stayed there another hour.  It really was great .  Then I went for a mani/pedi.  She was really careful with my foot.  But I just felt uneven and that drove me nuts.  I didn’t let her rub it at all.  But after she very carefully filed and painted my toes, my foot hurt. I don’t think I have another pedi until I get my foot straightened out.

Our meals today overall were a problem.  And that is crazy because normally the food here is exceptionally good.  My omelette  had eggshells in it and Art’s bacon was burned to a crisp and his toast only toasted on one side.  After the Spa,  I met up with Art.  He said he had ordered lunch at least a half hour before I got there.  He ordered chicken wings and fries. The waitress brought him a drink but no food so he asked about his food.  She told him she would check on it and I ordered a drink and chips with guacamole. About 20 minutes later she brought his wings no fries. No chips.  Art asked her about it and she said she would check on it.  15 minutes later I went to the bathroom and ran into her and she said she checked on my nachos and they were out. I told her I didn’t order nachos.  I ordered chips and guacamole.  She said they are out of that too.  I asked about the fries , she got the funniest look on her face and said she would check.  I told Art to forget about it.  Then 10 minutes later here she came with Art’s fries and a basket of chip crumbs and guacamole.  Hahahaha she must of got the crumbs from the bottom of the bag.  She did say they were out.

 Lunch was a bit of a bust but we knew dinner would be good.  Hmmmmm, guess we thought wrong.  We went to dinner and our waiter came right away and took our drink order.  I ordered ginger ale and Art ordered Tangarey and Tonic.  It came right away but Art got a different gin.  That’s ok that sometimes happens and it did come right way.  We were already doing better than at lunch. We thought this waiter is exceptionally quick.  That was nice.  Art ordered an appetizer  and I ordered soup.  Art and the waiter discussed how delicious the appetizer was so Art was pretty excited.  Then for an entree Art ordered the lamb but the waiter said he was terrible sorry but there wasn’t any lamb.  SO Art ordered the salmon. I ordered a steak medallion ....a medium rare stake medallion.   Well...... we sat there for a little while and conversed with the couple next to us still waiting on our food.  Art finally said I wonder where your soup and my appetizer is. He no more said that and the waiter came and handed me a plate of salmon.  I said oh no I didn’t order that.  Art being the smart one realized that was our entree.  He said he ordered the salmon and then the waiter handed me my steak.  Art asked what happened to the appetizer and soup.  The waiter got the most stunned look on his face grabbed his order pad and started flipping through it.  Then stuttered out something about being busy.  My poor steak was so well done some of it was burnt.  Art got the salmon and that was all that was on his plate.  No side dish nope nothing just a slab of salmon.    After we were finished eating, here the waiter came with Art’s appetizer flopped it down in front of Art and mumbled he was busy.  Art said the appetizer was good.  I still didn’t get my soup.  After Art was done with his appetizer the waiter grabbed the plate and took off. Never asked if we wanted dessert or nothing.  I guess he was busy.  The funny thing is,  I watched him and he wasn't busy at all.  He just walked around in circles.

Best part of the day...... Art twerking on the deck.  (Sorry kids but true).  We brought our speaker and Amazon DOT. So we sat on the deck late this afternoon and listened to music.  Art liked one of the songs playing  and did his best twerking .  He did it the other day too.  I was going to get a picture but he conveniently stopped.   No end to that fellas talents.

Kinda exciting to see what adventures tomorrow will bring.  Hmmmm but for tonight I might just order room service.

No comments: