Friday, November 17, 2017

Lots to be Thankful For

Do you ever just look around at your surroundings and think wow am I ever lucky.  I did that a lot today.  Maybe it is with Thanksgiving coming up or what but I did a lot of reflecting today and I am one lucky girl and very grateful.  I am here on this fabulous vacation in Paradise with someone who I love and loves me.  He has been and is so good to me.  Every day I say Art scored us some loungers.  But what that means he gets up early and lets me sleep in.  He goes and finds just the right spot for us to be and  lays towels out. Meaning he unrolls them and lays them nicely on the lounger so all I have to do is plop myself down and enjoy.  It is so sweet and thoughtful and I really appreciate it.  I have been lucky to stay off my foot most of the time this week.  It has been nice and it is thanks to Art.  He gets whatever I need with out me having to lift a foot.

We both had massages today.   Neither one of us were impressed.but you know they can’t all be good and they can’t all be bad.  And how lucky are we that we got to do it.

This morning was really overcast with those big dark clouds.  I thought for sure it was going to rain so I was glad to be in the spa.  But you know it never did rain and by this afternoon it was bright blue skies.  The dark clouds had burned off.  We even got in the pool.  The water was pretty chilly so we didn’t stay in a long time.  We also spent some time on the beach.  It was a little difficult walking on the sand with my boot but I made it. Got to love the Advil.  The ocean here really is beautiful.

Before dinner tonight, we went to the lobby lounge to wait for the restaurant to open.  While we were there the entertainment staff set up a 21 table so I convinced Art to play 21 with me.  Because we did that, we were late getting to dinner.  So instead of getting right in when they opened, we had to be on a 50 minute wait list.  I am glad we decided to wait.  We had a really cute waiter.  He was so charming  and fun.  Dinner was delicious and very filling so we decided no dessert.  But he convinced us to stay and have dessert.  Art ordered Myan coffee.  It is fun to watch them make it.  They set it on fire and make a little show out of it.  Anyway I asked the waiter for a poquito (small) scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce.  He got the biggest smile and it was a very mischievous smile.  When he brought my bowl he said you ordered poquito ice cream right?  I said yes.  He started to giggle and gave me a bowl that had an eye dropper size  of ice cream with sauce on it.  It was so funny!!  Then he gave me a real bowl of ice cream.
 
I think we’ll head to bed early this laying around and relaxing is hard work......... besides we have a game to watch tomorrow night so we need to rest up.

No comments: