Sunday, November 12, 2017

It is all in a Nights Sleep

Ok so I forgot to mention,  yesterday when we got back to our room to get cleaned up, all the hallways were fill with new matteresses.  All the rooms got a new natteresses on their bed.  Art said Woow we were the last guests to sleep on the old mattress in our room and the first to sleep on the new one .  I know it sounds stupid but I was actually excited to go to bed last night to check out the new matteress.

But....... here is the deal. I really want to watch the BSU football game but it didn’t start until 10:30 pm.  SO here is what I did.  I got all ready for bed and climbed in.  And it was pretty comfy.  The new matteress wasn’t to hard.  In fact I thought it was pretty nice.  Art climbed in and watched the game with me for awhile.  The Broncos weren’t playing that well.  I kept thinking they are going to lose if they don’t get with it.  Then it went from bad to worse.  Art had already given up and went to sleep.  I would think, I can’t watch this, they are playing terrible and then turn it off.  Then I would think I am not a good fan and would turn it back on.  I went through that routine several times.  I ended up watching the entire game.  The 4th quarter was crazy and they ended up tieing the game forcing them to go into overtime.  You can only imagine how Sid was (Sid is my last good nerve).  I wanted to jump up and down and yell and cheer but Art was a sleep and I didn’t want to wake him so all I could do is stuff a pillow in my face,  I ended up stayin up til 3:00 am.

That leads me to today.  I was tired. BUT, I did sleep good on that sweet new mattress.  I am super stoked to go to bed tonight.  (Don’t judge). I can’t wait to crawl in, lay my head on the pillow and say. “AAHHHH”  

We sat at the pool in loungers all day.  We didn’t do anything special but goodness the day seemed to fly by.  It was gone in a blink.  It was breezy and overcast all day. It looked like it was going to start raining any minute.  It was warm and never did get cold.  Temperature wise it was great.  Not long after we came in for the day it started to rain and had been raining ever since.  We even have thunder and lightening.  

I am reading a book that the grandkids suggested I read.  Honey Bunch was rereading it when I was visiting and said it was one of her favorites and the two older kids said it was really good so I thought it would be fun to read.  Mrs Dr did warn me it was a tear jerker but she didn’t say it was a 10 tissue book.  Do you know when you are sitting in Paradise and start to cry people look at you  kinda funny?  Art did offer to get me tissues.  It is a really good book but a 10 tissue tear jerker  for sure.  I am glad I read it.    

Art got a good nights rest (must have been the new mattress) and was able to rest some today.  I think his cough is a lot better.  Fun side note.  Art  wore his BSU shirt and hat today.  He was getting us a beverage and there was a man there and asked him if watch the game.  He told Art he retired from BSU.  What a small world. 

At dinner tonight our waitress remembered us from last year.  Maybe it was my imagination but she took extra good care of us tonight.  Made us feel really special. I hope when we go back to that restaurant, we will be in her section.

Looking forward to tomorrow.  Rain, rain go away!!

No comments: