Saturday, November 11, 2017

Today’s Happenings

It rained most of last night.  We also had thunder and lightening.  We slept in a little which is good.  Art needed the extra rest. I think it helped his cough.  He hasn’coughed nearly as much today.  Wish his ears would unplug.  Maybe tomorrow.

It was pretty overcast and windy this morning.  But hey it was still great to be out.  Paradise is still Paradise.  After breakfast, we scored a couple of loungers by the poolside.  It wasn’t to hard as not many people were out. I guess they thought is was cold but it wasn’t .  It was really windy though.   The guy from the sports and entertainment team came up to us to tell us what the show was tonight and he said hey I remember you guys, you were here last year.  It was fun to be remembered.  

Before lunch we met with our rep person.  She wanted us to go to the Hotel members presentation. After last year, we decided we were never going to update our membership again so we would not go to the presentations anymore.  We had to laugh because our person was super friendly until we said we weren’t going to the presentation.  Then we were dog poop.  Kinda funny!

I did sign up to get spa services today.  Oh heavenly day!!!  I went right after lunch.  I had a massage, body scrub/exfoliation, and facial.  The massage rates right up there in the top three massages.  First the therapist did all the pressure points. That was so nice.  Then she did the regular massage.  Oh my goodness.  It was so relaxing!! I felt myself drift in and out of consciousness.  I was soooo relaxed.  I told her about my foot and she was so good not to touch it at all.  That is weird for me because I have to have everything even.  Not great for  my OCD but I managed to get over it.  Hey.....maybe I am getting over having to have everything even,  That would be nice.   My skin was so soft when it was all done.  Between the spa treatment and the humid air my skin is so soft. I just love it. While I was at the spa, Art held down the lounger at the pool.  The wind wasn’t as bad and the sun managed to even come out for a little while.

We went to the one restaurant that has the seasonal soup. Sadly, the seasonal soup had been removed from the menu.  Time to find new favorites.  They had dogfish on the menu.  What the heck is dogfish?  Art ordered it.  He said it was pretty good. My hat’s off to him for giving it a try.  I decided to try the new soup on the menu.  It was a lime tortilla soup.  It was interesting to say the least.  It was luke warm and tasted like tang doused in lime juice.  It was pretty tart.  I don’t think I will order it again........once is enough.  I am glad I tried it though.  Art ordered it as well but the waitress didn’t bring his.  I think he was relieved he didn’t get it.  I can tell you he didn’t really miss anything.  But the shrimp was excellent!  Yummy!  Every year that we have come here, there is a father and his two daughters play guitars and sing in that restaurant.  They are so good!  We even have one of their CDs.  As we were finishing up dinner they came. We sat and enjoyed their music for a little while after we were done eating. They are so talented.  I look forward to hearing them again this week.  

Hope the weather is good tomorrow.  I am looking forward to the pool.

GO Broncos!!!  They play tonight. 


No comments: