Saturday, November 16, 2019

2 x 2 on a 4 x 4

Today was exciting. We slept in.....so nice.  We went for the buffet breakfast. The orange juice here is to die for.  I am not a big juice lover and I much prefer grape over orange but my goodness the orange juice here is so good I usually a a few glasses worth......Trixie does too.  We are very thirsty people.

Anyway, after breakfast, we sat by the pool. We didn't have our swimming suits on because we had an excursion today.  So needless to say it was hot sitting at the pool. Art tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to a woman who was giving massages.  So I did a 20 minute massage.  Trixie got one too. After Trixie’s massage we headed for our excursion.

We decided this year, we would do 4x4s in the jungle tour.  When the guys booked the tour the guys they booked it with said he would meet us in the lobby and ensure we got a taxi to the right place.  We were in the lobby at the appointed time but the tour guy didn’t come, sooooooooo  Art talked to the bellman and he got us a taxi and away we went.

We arrived at the tour office and we were handed handkerchiefs and told to were them like banditos . Then we got helmets and googles.  We needed them because the trip was dusty and muddy. I couldn’t  find a pair of googles that fit and weren’t all scratched up, so our guide got me a new pair. We had three 4x4s in our group.  Art and I, the Coonster and Trixie, and a little family consisting of two boys.  Once everyone was equipped, we hopped in the vehicles and off we went. I was a little nervous at first. I hung on for dear life.  But it really wasn’t that scary or bad.  We roared through the back streets of PV.  We also had a guy with us that worked traffic for us so we were safe and a girl who took picture the whole way.  We went up to the jungle area and it was beautiful.  We made three stops.  At the first stop there was stream that was big enough for you to swim in.  We didn’t but the little family did.  We just had a pop and enjoyed.  The second stop was a tequila tasting stop.  Not much for us there but it was a beautiful area.  The third stop was a restaurant. None of us ate there because I don’t  usually eat off site at place like that because I always get sick. Everyone in our group felt the same.  But they did have a big swing hanging from a tree.  Trixie and I both got on it.  It was a blast.  When Trixie was pushing me, I thought she was going to fall in the water.  She didn’t thank heavens but it was sure funny.  We saw a bunch of dogs.  Everywhere there was a dog.  We also saw a few donkeys and a little pig on the road.  Art even petted one of the small donkeys.  The whole trip was so exciting, fun, and beautiful.  Well worth going.

We were tired when we got back so we showered and had room service for dinner.  Overall it was just a really fun day.

No comments: