Sunday, November 10, 2019

We’re Back

Well I would say “can’t believe it has been a year since we were last here but, I can’t because it has only been 8 1/2 months.  But I can say I am so happy to be back.

The trip had potential to go south but as luck would have it...... it didn’t.  We got up at 3:30 on Friday.  Let me correct that..... I got up at 3:30 and Don got up at 4:00 and that would be in the am.  The Buddy picked us up and dropped us off at the airport.  We went through security and my bag got flagged.  After waiting for awhile, I asked if my bag could get checked so I could catch my flight.  I was told no I had to wait as the agent didn’t work on that side.  Seeing that I was still waiting she asked for permission to check my bag and was given the ok.  Can you believe the thing that caused that hang up was my contacts?!?!  Wow!  Anyway, because we were so long at the gate, we didn’t have to wait long until we boarded.  That was really nice.  

We boarded the plane but the pilot said that because there was ice on the wings and tail, the planed needed deiced.  That took awhile.  Then the pilot said there was something wrong with the weight balance sensor so we had to wait for that fix.  We ended up leaving almost 50 minutes late.  Art and I were worried we would miss our connection.  We worried that we would also miss hooking up with Trixie and the ol Coonster.  But the pilot was able to make up about 30 minutes in the air.  The flight attendant told us what gate we would arrive at and we knew what gate we were supposed to depart from so we knew we would have to run fast to make the connection.  When we got off I was hurrying to find an arrival/departure board to verify the gate we needed and I heard my name.  I turned to see the ol Coonster and Trixie.  As luck would have it the plane going to PV was the plane we just got off of.  Wow.... what luck!  Thanks to Trixie being in a wheelchair, we flew through customs and arrived safe and sound.

We went to bed early and we got up  early.  We did the hotel presentation.  Because this is already too long, I won’t go into it at this time.  Needless to say, there are no bargains so we didn’t join.  We did have a funny experience that I will share later but it is too late tonight to relate it.  I was fortunate enough to get a wonderfully awesome massage on the beach this afternoon.  Trixie left her iPad at the airport so they had to go back to the airport to pick it up. After dinner, we watched the BSU game. It is after 1:00 here and the game is in overtime.  I need to go to bed so more tomorrow.  I will say the food is still delicious!  Til tomorrow.

No comments: