Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Shop Til Ya Drop

I  thoroughly enjoyed event part of today.   I slept in.......it was nice.  After breakfast we got a taxi and headed to town. We got dropped off at the Malecon.  When we got out of the taxi, Trixie’s the chain on Trixie’s necklace broke.  So one of the first shops we went to was the silver shop.  The lady who works there actually remembered us from last time we were there in March.  She said she saw Trixie and remembered us.  We wondered if she really did but a little later she said weren’t you on crutches last time? So I knew she really did remember.  I saw a cute pinky ring that spoke to me so I had to get it.  In addition to a new chain, Trixie got some really pretty rings and earrings.  We then went to lunch.  It was delicious!  We then traveled to the barter market.  Treasures were bought by all.  After the market, we grabbed a cab and went to our favorite store. The taxi driver waited for us while we shopped and we were able  to keep he treasures from the market in the taxi.  Everyone but the Coonster got things there. Art got some new belts and I got ....count them three pairs of shoes.  Woohoo!   Even Trixie got some new sandals.

There was a threat of rain tonight but we lucked out.  No rain and we were able to eat outside.  Hope it doesn’t rain tomorrow.  There is still a threat.

After dinner, Art gave me another jewelry box with a beautiful ruby ring, earrings , and necklace. I was so surprised........very excited and pleasantly surprised.

Now off to bed.............

No comments: