Monday, November 13, 2023

Did Someone Say Rain

 Before I get into the rainy happening of today, I need to share something that I keep forgetting.  It never ceases to amaze me how when we go on vacation and people ask where we are from, very few actually know where Idaho is.  Even US citizens.  And I don’t think in the past there has been someone else from Idaho.  With that said……..A year ago Art and I bought shirts that say I ❤️ Boy See.  They are great shirts.  Art brought his on this trip to wear.   The first time he wore it, a lady asked him if he was from Boise and he said yes.  She told him her son played football for BSU.  He wore it again and a lady asked if he was from Idaho.  She said she was from Utah. Then he wore is again and a lady asked if he was from Idaho he said yes then she asked if he was from Boise and he said yes..  She said she grew up in Idaho and her family was from Boise and she was now in Missouri.  We were finishing up eating and she came up and to us and I asked what her family name was.  She told me and I totally knew the name but for the life of me couldn’t  think of why.  Later it came to me.  My kids/grandkids are friends and go to church with that family.  Anyway, she asked Art if she could take a picture of his shirt which he agreed she could.  After she walked away Art looked at me and said “that’s a first” and I said “someone from Idaho? “ He replied “No… someone wanting to take a picture of my shirt” HAHAHA 

Today was windy and rainy.  So much so, we stayed in most of the day.  I was able to get in the pool for about 15 minutes this morning but the wind kicked up really hard and I barely made it out of the pool before it started raining really hard.  And the rain stayed most of the day. Later this afternoon there was a little break in the weather so we got in the pool but it was to windy and chilly to stay in very long and the break in the weather was short.  Our butler braved the weather and came by for about 30 minutes and visited. The rain has stopped for now but it is supposed to start up again soon.  We’ll see what tomorrow brings. 

No comments: