Sunday, November 5, 2023

Two for One

 Well I didn’t post anything yesterday as we were so tired we went to bed early.  So I will do today and yesterday at once.

Starting with yesterday.  It was pretty much an average traveling day.  I woke up at 3:15 and was afraid I would sleep through the alarm so I just laid there awake until the alarm went off at 3:45.  We got to the airport at 5:15. It always amazes me how busy the airport is that early in the morning. I was surprised the couple ahead of us at the check in counter couldn’t believe they couldn’t get on the plane because as they said they were a half hour early from departure and why do they need to be earlier……this is Boise Idaho for heavens sake. Guess what…. They had to take the next flight.  Then another couple had  two kids they were taking to Mexico and they didn’t have any documentation for the kids.  Not sure how they thought they would be able to take them out of the country.  I don’t know how that all shook out.

The flights were both pretty bumpy.  I can’t remember when I was on a flight that had so much turbulence.  And it lasted for most of the flights.  It was crazy.  I am not usually a big fan of airplane food but I’ll tell you what…. Our lunch was delicious.  Art and I both commented on how good it was. All our flights arrived at their destinations early.  That was nice.  We arrived here 30 minutes early. That really was nice.

I can’t believe how much customs has changed.  We were a little worried going through on a Saturday.  We figured it would be crazy busy.   Nope, we got off the plane and walked right through.  Normally it takes so long by the time we get through our luggage is waiting for us.  This time we had to wait for our luggage to be offloaded.  That was a new experience.

We got a private van to the hotel.  It was fun. When we arrived it was raining hard.  But the clouds parted and we got to the hotel without it raining too hard .  But after we arrived it started back up.  We had a nice dinner then went to bed early.  Our room is nice.  It overlooks a lagoon.  I do miss having a balcony though.

Today we went for a walk around the facility after breakfast.  It is a beautiful facility.  Unfortunately, it started to rain. It rained off an on all day.  That’s okay because we watched football and then went to the Spa.  Yes I said we. Art read the hydro therapy was a must do.  Hmmm when they said a must do I really think that is something for spa people to do.  Not everyone is a Spa person.  In fact,  some people should never go to the Spa.  Art is one such people.  I am a Spa person…. Art is not.  We were both going to do the hydro therapy but the women’s side wasn’t working so I didn’t do it.  I think I lucked out.  I am still laughing at Art’s description of the events.  He said that it was only an hour but felt like a week. The heat was way too hot and the cold was so cold his swimsuit  froze to the seat so he decided he better stand after that,  I can only imagine him in that predicament. The whole experience made for a great comedy act.   I had a hot stone massage.  I will say it was the BEST hot stone massage I have ever had.  My experience was so much better that Arts.  I am supposed to to the hydro therapy on Tuesday.  I think after hearing all about from Art, I will be cancelling.  

The weather is suppose to be better tomorrow, so we are hoping we will be able to spent the day at the beach. 










No comments: