Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Not even Cloudy

 The weather today was incredible.  There were very few clouds.  The sky was bright blue.  It was really hot and humid though.  I loved it.  

We spent our time on the beach.  Art got us a couple loungers in the same spot we were at yesterday.  It was wonderful.  We shared a delicious hamburger and fries for lunch.  Then this afternoon we walked down the street to the farmacia to get my eye drops.  Luckily it wasn’t too far of a walk.

Tonight was a dining experience.  We decided we are not foofoo eaters.  We went to the French restaurant for dinner.  The waiter was a cute kid and he tried hard but we are like the hillbillies doing gourmet.  Art ordered his usual gin and tonic and they forgot to put tonic in the drink. It was pretty strong.  They brought out the customary appetizers.  One of them looked like a Barbie ice cream cone. I wish I would have  taken a picture.  But I swear it was just cat food.  That is what it tasted like.  The waiter suggested Art have a certain starter so he said ok.  It was horrid.  He couldn’t eat it.  I ordered something different,  It was really weird but tasted ok. Art had soup and I had salad.  I think my salad was really just big eels. The main coarse ….. I am not sure  what to say but it was the most normal.  I had a beef medallion that was so tough my jaw got a workout.  It didn’t come with anything just a piece of meat on the plate that they poured some sort of weird juice over it..  Art had the lamb and peas. He said the meat was tender but the flavor was weird.    But the dessert was delicious!  We had an upside down crème brûlée and chocolate soufflé….delicious. We decide it was definitely a dining experience. 

After dinner we sat out by one of the pools and enjoyed the evening and Art ordered a not so strong drink. 

Overall the day was great…dinner wasn’t the best but still loving being here. All the staff is incredibly helpful and nice!!!

No comments: