Thursday, November 9, 2023

Full Day of Fun

Today started out a little iffy but ended up great!  This morning it was really overcast and windy.  The clouds were really dark and it looked like it would start raining at any moment.  Art got up early to get us loungers by the beach.  He got the last two available.  I was surprised so many were reserved with the weather the way it was.  

We went to the restaurant for breakfast.  It was really good! After we headed to the beach.  We spend most of the morning at the beach.  The wind blew so hard it blew the dark clouds away.  Once the clouds were gone the wind stopped.  It ended up being a pleasant day.

We decided to split another hamburger for lunch.  It was delicious.  They are so big there is no way we could eat a whole one by ourselves.  Besides it leaves room for sushi.  The sushi here is really good.  I will miss my daily sushi when we go home.

After lunch we got in the pool.  I was shocked how warm the water was. Usually it is a little cool when you first get in but not this one.  It was nice.   After we got out of the pool we headed back to the beach but made a quick stop by the hot tub.  Art wanted to see if it was very hot,  Usually they are warm but not hot,  We stepped in, I was really surprised.  I bet the temperature was at least 104 degrees.  We sat in it for a short time.  

We decided to get in the ocean.  There were some good sized waves so we waved hopped.  Unfortunately, we couldn’t stay in for too long as I had a spa appointment.

When I checked in to my appointment, I was told I could go to a regular room for my treatment or I could go in the air purifier tent.  I wasn’t sure what the tent was but was willing to give it a try.  It was a big tent in the middle of the waiting room.  They said no one wanted to try the tent so I said I would do it.  They were all excited that I would do it.  It is seals up when you get in and the air is purified.  I thought the whole experience was very pleasant.  I would definitely do it again.

Our wrist bands are magnetic and you use them to open the doors.  Ours stopped working so we had to get them reset.  I think it must happen a lot as they never questioned it when went to the front desk and we saw others having to do it as well. 

We had a great dinner.  Our waiter was very entertaining.  I had ordered buttered mashed potatoes and when he brought them he said here are your butter knife potatoes.  He realized what he said and it cracked him up.  We all got a good laugh out of it. 

We thought we would watch the game at the sports bar.  The game did play, however a live band came and played.  They were so entertaining to watch I totally forgot to watch the game. The drummer was the most animated drummer we have ever seen.  

When we got back to our room, I noticed the butler had left our usual treat but had also put our slippers by the hot tub.  There were rose petals strewn about.  Art found a note saying to enjoy our bath.  I turned around and the hot tub was filled with a bubble bath.  How cool!!!  Such a fun surprise.   Yes we did get in.

The day was full of fun and we are spent.  Tomorrow is our last full day here.  Then we move to the other hotel. 


                                                                            The band 





                                                    This is the tent I had my spa treatment in











No comments: