Friday, July 25, 2008

I Love Living In Freedom

So Brent and I took Miss R to the park this week. We (or at least me) had a fun time. While at the park, some military planes flew over. Some folks looked up and thought it was cool and others just kept on with what they were doing. But for me, it made me really stop and think about how lucky we are. I even commented to Brent how lucky we are. We live in freedom. We can think military planes flying over us are cool or we can ignore them. My grandkids can go to the park and play and not worry they are going to get bombed or caught in cross fire. They don't even have to know what a bomb is. We have safe shelter and food to eat. We truly live in the promised land. Now if I can just figure out what the numbers for the lottery..............no today I am counting my blessings.

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

Thanks for the reality check. We are blessed.

Unknown said...

For Sure!! True words, my dear, true words...