Monday, July 21, 2008

My Bike Ride

My daughter in law MK is training for a triathlon. She has been training and has gotten very good at running, swimming and biking. She offered to ride bikes with me since I have a new bike. I was excited that she wanted to ride with me but I was also very nervous. I was worried she would be bogged down waiting for me to catch up and she wouldn’t enjoy it much. That may well have been the case but she didn’t let on one bit and I was happy that someone wanted to ride with me. She was very gracious and made sure I wasn’t over doing. She even helped me out of the ditch pit. Yes I said helped me out of the ditch pit. It is much easier to write this then to tell it as just thinking about it makes me laugh. We were riding along just fine and we took a sharp turn. I was going a little too fast for the turn so I put my brakes on….my very sensitive brakes. Down the ditch I headed. I screamed and was headed for a power poll so I swerved and when I did, the bike pitched me off and I rolled over and back on my feet just in time to see MK come running after me. I was and am fine and we finished out our ride. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to walk when we were through…not from falling but from peddling. I got off and was fine. I could even walk the next day. Hmmm maybe I am not as big of a wuss as I thought.

2 comments:

MKB said...

I still laugh about it too. So when are we doing our next bike ride?

Mrs. Doctor said...

Glad you're ok! Keep riding!