Thursday, July 31, 2008

Same Moon But My How It Has Changed



I have often heard my Dad say “ Same moon but my how it has changed”. That is how I feel. My darling PC and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. So of course it made me reflect back on the big day. We dated for 2 ½ years so we were sure. I thought I was in love with my PC and I was but that doesn’t even to compare to how much I love him now. We got married outside and knew it would be hot so we decided it would be best to have the ceremony at 7:30 in the evening. A month prior to our wedding I was in a car accident and it was still in a lot of pain and had trouble standing for any length so we asked the Bishop to keep it as short as possible. I don’t know what long is for him ‘cause for short he spoke for more than 30 minutes. It was insane. It is a good thing I was on heavy duty drugs so I could stand but I think I should have taken more to drown out the long sermon. My PC’s sister was singing with the Seattle Opera Company at the time and she sang us a beautiful song. My sister Debbie was the matron of honor and my PC’s best friend Dan was the best man. Christmas was the flower girl and Brent was the ring bearer. They were so adorable. Christmas was excited because my sister let her wear some of her lip gloss and Brent was excited because he got to wear a cumber bunny (cumberbun) with his tuxedo. Same moon but we have all changed. Wonder what great things the next 20 years will bring.

To celebrate we had a dining experience. We didn't just go to dinner, we went to a place in town with linen table cloths, a gentleman playing piano and a main waiter and different servers for every little thing. It was fun and an experience. Then off to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Brent gave us tickets to use at the movie theater.

3 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

What lov-e-ley couple! So many memories, so little comment space. Thanks to both of you for deciding to get married, my life is what it is because of you. Here's to the next 20!!!

Miss Five said...

UH...don't leave me hanging: what did you eat at this place?!

Trixie L'Amour said...

WHat a wonderful day it was....what a wonderful twenty years....here's to many, many more!