Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 1- We arrived

We got up early and by early I mean 4:45 in the AM. The Buddy and Nerdles came and picked us up. (Thanks again Buddy). All the way to the airport I tried to figure out what I forgot. (So far I have everything) We had a good flight to SLC. We were late getting out of SLC do to a “Securtiy Check”. Apparently they had to do a complete security on the plane as it was making an International flight. Due to a change in aircraft Art and I were no longer assigned seats together. We were O.K. with it but being Valentines and a 4 hour flight I preferred to sit by Art. So I asked the attendant at the gate if the flight was full and explained that we were originally assigned seats together but after the change in planes were apart. She said not only was the flight full they were overbooked and were asking for volunteers to wait until tomorrow. We said no problem but she said she would put us on a “wish list”. I told her I didn’t want to be her problem of the day and it was O.K. the way it was. When we went to board, she said she gave us seats together. We were in the row behind my assigned seat. SWEETT!!! As we were getting on the pilot was behind me and when he went around me, we both did a little two step. I told the flight attendant I didn’t know I would be dancing so early, had I know I would have worn different shoes. The flight was good just long.
When we got to customs we about croaked. There must have been twenty planes worth of people. It was crazy. It took about an hour and fifteen minutes to get through. Good part was our luggage was waiting for us. I was so glad I didn’t have a black suitcase. There was an absolute sea of black suitcases. We grabbed ours and out the door we went. Before too long we were on our way to the hotel. Side note…… when we made the reservations Don had requested a room with a large balcony. We received an email from the hotel stating not only did we get the large balcony, they gave us the best room in the hotel. We were excited to see what that meant. Well ,when we got to the hotel, the bellman got our luggage and asked us our name. We told him and he looked up to see what room we were in so he could deliver our luggage. When he saw what room we had, he told us we had the best room in the hotel. Hmmmmm. We were beginning to think that we did. Then when we checked in, the clerk wanted us to sign our names but I didn’t hear him say that so Art told me that he wanted my autograph. Joking I said oh I didn’t think they would recognize me here. The Clerk laughed and said they knew it was me and that is why we got the best room in the hotel. Hmmmmm. Could it really be? YES!! We did get the best room. I will be posting pictures of it. It is on the top floor on the point. We have the best view. Talk about SWEET!!
After checking in we had a beverage and I had a strawberry daiquiri in honor of Mrs. Doctor. (she asked I have one for her). Then we went for a dining experience. It wasn’t just dinner, it was an experience. It was soooooo good. It started to rain so we didn’t walk around. When we got back to our room they left a plate of chocolate covered strawberries with our name written on it with chocolate wishing us a happy valentines. It was really fun. I will try and post pictures tomorrow. For now the bed is calling my name.

3 comments:

cricket said...

Wish we were there! Can't wait to see the pictures

Mrs. Doctor said...

Yes!!! You did get the best room?!?! Awesome!! Thanks for the daquiri, I needed it! Glad you made it safe.

Trixie L'Amour said...

They DO know you!!!!