Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 4 Wednesday

Wow what a fun day. We had a leisurely breakfast and late morning we went across the street to the lagoon to go on the jungle tour. We took speed boats out to the ocean. That was really fun. The water was a little rough so I was concerned it would be a rough ride. But nope it was actually fine with only a couple of rough spots. Once out to the ocean, we tied the boats up and went snorkeling. Art didn’t want to snorkel so he stayed in the speed boat. A couple of others stayed behind as well. The snorkeling was probably the best I have ever done. We saw a ton of really cool fish as well as a couple barracudas, a sting ray, and a star fish. I got to hold the star fish. Our guide picked it up and handed it to me. It was really cool. We snorkeled for a long time and I was exhausted by the time we got back to the boats. The way we went back to the dock was through a jungle area and on the way we saw an alligator.
After the jungle tour, we had some lunch and then hopped the bus and went to Wal-Mart. Believe it or not I only brought one pair of shoes (yes Art was stunned as well). Anyway I needed a pair of shoes for our activity tomorrow so I got some new shoes at Wal-Mart.
It is still pretty chilly but we have tried to take advantage of our fabulous deck. Before dinner tonight we played 21. It was pretty fun. After we had a great dinner. I had filet mignon and Art had roasted duck. I just love the food here.
We may watch the show tonight from our deck (it is outside tonight). We are pretty tired and we have to get up early in the morning so we shall see.
I need to point out that yes the weather has been chilly but I have not been as cold as Art. Crazy!!! Plus I need to point out (Art told me I should) on the plane ride here I sat in the middle seat…. Yes folks you read it right…the middle seat.

2 comments:

MKB said...

Bringing one pair of shoes is a FAB-U-LOUS idea...that way you can buy more. :) I'm on to you Granelda! I'm on to you!

Trixie L'Amour said...

You still have a couple more days of shoe buying....it's not over yet!