Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 2

What was today about you ask? oh wait maybe that was me. We had a nice breakfast… I had a much anticipated omelet. And let me tell you it was really good. Then we went to one of the other hotels for a presentation regarding our membership. The hotel pays for a taxi there and back. We took a taxi there but for the return trip they sent a stretch limo to pick us up. We had planned to check out one of the other hotels so we asked if the limo could take us there instead of back to our hotel. Of course they said they could. So off we went in the limo. It was really fun Don stood up and popped his head through the sun roof while we were going.

We checked out one of the other hotels in the chain. It was great. This is season and there are a lot of folks here. Our hotel is busier that I have ever seen it (we usually come during the off season). Well the other hotel was pretty quiet and didn’t have a lot of folks there. We ate lunch by the pool on the roof. It was really good. Then we were off to Wal-Mart. We took the bus. I tested Art’s patience shopping. He was a good sport. I even got a much need swimsuit. We took the bus back to the hotel but while we were waiting for the bus I felt a few rain drops. I said to Art that I thought we would get wet and the instant he said no he didn’t think so the skies opened and poured rain. We hurried to get under some shelter along with about twenty other people. Thankfully the bus we needed came soon after that. Only trouble was the bus was completely full. We had to stand and hold the packages and the overhead bar. It was a long bus ride but by the time we got our hotel there was only about a half dozen folks left. We went from riding in high style to low public transit. What a contrast. It rained off and on the rest of the day.

We had a very nice dinner but I must say I really missed Dan. I had a chocolate mousse that I wish I could have given to him to eat for me. (he will understand). After dinner we went to the lobby lounge/bar and our waitress was the cutiest girl. We enjoyed our visit with her. Art inquired as to her name. It was spelled Yudith. She told us her parents told her her name was Judith but they spelled it wrong on her birth certificate. For those who don’t know the J in Spanish is silent so it made sense to me. The J in Judith was silent so she became Yudith.

Here are limo pictures.







1 comment:

Mrs. Doctor said...

Awesome!!!! I love your new background, too. So you.