Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 5 Thursday - Zipity Do Dah

It was an early morning for us today. It was so early we ordered room service for breakfast. Then off we went for our morning adventure. We went to a park to ride seaways and…….do the………. zipline. Yes we did the zipline. Zipity do dah! First we rode the segways in the jungle. There were only four of us in the group. It was really fun and Art was really good on his. Segways are all about balance and we all know I have poor balance. I fell a couple of times. One time I fell completely over landing on some rocks. I wasn’t hurt too bad but I lightly skinned my leg and hurt my shoulder and finger. I was able to shake it off and some advil a little later made it all better. It could have been worse. You can also ride horses there and so there is horse poop everywhere. You see I could have easily fallen in the poop instead of rocks. After the tour in the jungle, Art and the other guy in the group went on an extra trail with our guide. The other gal and I just rode around the area. It was so fun I would love to do it again.
After the segway we headed to the zipline. It had ten lines. They have you sign a release and list an emergency contact and then harness you up. Oh my gosh after I got harnessed up, I was ready to back out. I am not sure if it was heart or my stomach sitting in my throat. But I knew I had to stick it out. There were about twenty in our group. Art was the first in the group to go and I was second. Wow what a rush!!! The line was really fun and wasn’t scary at all. The scary part was climbing up each tower. That was scary! At one point I passed Art. He had to cross the monkey poles to get from one tower to another. ( It is giant poles lined across and you go from the top of the pole to the other until you cross. The reminded me of telephone poles) I told the guide no way I couldn’t walk on poles that high up so I did the swinging cat walk and it was scary enough. I was so proud of the two of us for doing it.
We spent the afternoon at the hotel out by the pool but it was pretty chilly so we were happy to go in. We took a taxi out to the Moon for dinner. Dinner was delicious but oh my gosh there was a sea of people. We couldn’t get over all the people. You can really tell the difference between season and off season. It is suppose to rain again tomorrow but I am hoping it will wait until late afternoon and by some stroke of luck it will warm up. We have worn our jackets every day. I am ready for the sun to come out so we can enjoy the pool.

1 comment:

Trixie L'Amour said...

WooooooooHOOOOOOO!!! Ziplines! Now you can say you've done it all!! Way to go, kids!