Saturday, November 12, 2016

Fun in the Sun

What a nice day!  We slept in this morning.  We were tired from traveling. After a yummy breakfast we wandered down to the beach.  It was supposed to rain all day but the sun must have booted it away. After lunch, we swam briefly in the pool. It was so refreshing. We also played one game of Bingo. No we didn't win. Then I went for a massage.  Oh my goodness it felt so good.  It was a struggle to stay awake it was so relaxing.  Art was so sweet, he knows how much I like to order guacamole, chips, and shrimps cocktail to have while I am getting cleaned up so he ordered it and had it arrive at the same time I got back to the room.  It was such a sweet surprise.  He is the best.

Tonight's anticipated dinner was a complete bust.  Poor Art.  He looked forward to dinner all day.  This is the place that he first had the delicious meat-cickles called lamb chops.  He was so excited when he saw them on the menu. Sadly, they weren't anything like he had in the past. He said they were the worst he had ever had.  Dang!!!  To add insult to injury while we were at dinner, the rain started. But thankfully it didn't last long.  Just enough to make everything wet.

We were going to watch the BSU game but we couldn't get our slingbox to work. It would have been fun to watch but we will just enjoy paradise instead.

Tomorrow we are going to take a taxi.  YIKES,  The taxi rides here are scary.  The ride from the airport was a little scary.  The driver was getting close to rear-ending the car in front of us.  But I did my part to stop the car.  I sucked the air out of the vehicle, stomped on my invisible break, and grabbed Arts leg.  I used his pants like you would an emergency brake.  Poor guy!  I had a handful of his leg hair.  He sucked the remaining air out of vehicle and screamed not because he was scared but because he was in pain.  The driver laughed and said no worries he had it under control.  Good luck to us tomorrow.

No comments: