Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Today's Happenings

We got up this morning and it was simply cloudless.  Rain was predicted but there was not a cloud in sight........ that is until late afternoon. About 3:00 I was reading my book and it was talking about it raining. Then I felt some rain drops.  For a quick second, I thought man I have a good imagination, I can just feel the rain that I am reading.  Then I realized nope it is really raining.  We sure lucked out.  It was supposed to rain all day but it waited until we were ready to go indoors. And.....it only rained for about an hour.

We decided to sit by the pool instead of the beach.  Art scored some great loungers for us.  It was so hot and humid today. I don't remember ever sweating as much as I did today.  I was completely drenched.  I am not sure if was the heat or the humidity or perhaps both but I was sweating like crazy.

Before lunch I went for a hot stone massage.  It was really nice. The poor gal tried really hard to work out the kinks in my muscles but was unable to.  I told her not to worry that is just the way I am. The last several massages have turned out the same way.  But nevertheless it was a great massage and very relaxing.

We were in our loungers this afternoon and all of a sudden I heard something hit the umbrella we were under and then it hit me and bounced off rolling under the lounger next to me.  It appeared to be a ring so I got up to look and sure enough it was a man's wedding ring.  I said we will have to turn it in to the front desk.  Then I looked in the pool and all the people who had been playing volleyball in the pool were all looking in the water like they were looking for something.   Hmmmmmm......could it be a ring they were searching for?  I hurried over and asked if they were looking for a ring.  Sure enough.  The guy who lost it was so relieved.  When he hit the ball back over the net he flung his hand so hard his ring flew right off.

Dinner tonight was a little better.  At least tonight I could cut my meat.  The meat I had last night I couldn't cut.  Art had to cut it for me and even he had a hard time.  Needless to say, I couldn't eat it.  But tonight was better and our waiter was a cute guy who was working hard to make things nice for us and was very attentive.

I get more spa treatments tomorrow.  I am so excited!!!


No comments: