Tuesday, January 11, 2022

We Arrived

 We did make it, I was just too tired to blog last night so I will combine the two days. Yesterday we got up before the bum crack of dawn…. 3 am.  The buddy picked us up at 4:30 and we were off.  The flights were as we would hope….uneventful.  When we landed here the runway was under construction so we had to wait about 15 minutes on the runway along with 8 other planes.  Not that big of deal until we all unload into the customs area at the same time.  It was crazy full!!  But the positive is by the time we got through customs our luggage was waiting for us instead of us waiting for our luggage.  We even got the green light to get out of the airport.  That was great because a lot of folks were getting red.  We got a taxi pretty easily and made it to the hotel safe with not to scary of a ride.  After six years, the hotel has changed a little but a lot is still the same.  Needless to say, we had some dinner and called it an early night.  We did manage to walk the ground after dinner.  The hotel next door had a tuba band.  The band had a snare drummer, bongo drummer, a guitarist and tuba player.  They all sang…….and overall they were terrible.  And I mean terrible. And they were back tonight……….and yes they were still terrible.  Most of the entertainers around here are really good but ummmmm not these guys……yikes!   We wanted to watch the championship football game but we kept falling asleep so we caved and climbed into bed.  Our suite is really nice.  It is a one bedroom 2 bath with a full kitchen.  I say full kitchen which it is but it has a tiny fridge.  No problem for us as we aren’t really going to use if for anything but drinks.  We even have a concierge assigned to us.  How fun is that.  He checks on us, it is nice.  When we asked where the ice was, he said if you want ice, just call me and I will bring it. 

Today we had a great breakfast at the open air restaurant.  Then we went to the adult pool area.  One of the improvements they have made is the pool is now heated.  Hallelujah!!!  I am planning on spending a lot of time in the pool.  While we were hanging out this morning a gal from the spa came around and I booked a detox massage and facial. First let me say it was incredible and I loved it but I have never experienced anything like it.  I was scrubbed , lotioned, and steamed about four times.  I definitely got detoxed.  I am planning on doing it again before I leave.  Crazy part is when it was all done I felt rejuvenated with a lot of energy.  I haven’t felt much energy as late so it was really a nice.  The service at the pool area wasn’t  very good but I think tomorrow will be better.

We had a a great dinner at the open air restaurant.  We watched the sunset and it was just beautiful.  Couldn’t have asked for a better night.  The weather was nice.  It was partly cloudy but that was great, it kept it from being miserably hot.  It was just right…..very pleasant.  The rest of the week is supposed to be the same.  Can’t wait!!!!!  Gotta go…….Art is playing his guitar and I don’t want to miss it. 


No comments: