Friday, November 11, 2022

Cotton Candy for Dessert......WHAT?!?!

Today seemed to be extra hot and humid.  Art got us loungers at the large pool today. A lot of folks went home today so there was a lot of open loungers.  I am not sure it is worth it.  It is really noisy.  

We went to a new restaurant for breakfast.  It was good but I can say I have never had an omelet that is full of green chili sauce. I think I prefer the regular way of cooking them.

We spent the morning at the pool.  It got so hot that we got in the pool to cool off.  The pool was pretty chilly and that was good since it was so hot.......and humid.  

We decided to skip lunch as we had planned to go out to dinner and wanted to be really hungry.  As we sat at the pool we kept commenting on how hot and humid it was.  I suggested we go to the small pool that is by our building.  A few of the buildings have what they call quiet pools.  They are really small and only have four loungers.  They are shaded by a lot of trees.  Our deck overlooks it and I have never seen anyone use it.  We decided to give it a try.  When we got there, there was couple there enjoying it.  They gladly welcomed us. We had a great visit with them.  They are from Canada.  We were at the quiet pool for about 40 minutes.  We then went back to our room and got showered and cleaned up.  

We went down to an open air shopping center.  They had a ton of stores.  It was one of the biggest places I have ever been too. We took a taxi as it was too far to walk.  The taxi driver kinda hosed us.We had planned on having dinner at a steakhouse there so we asked him to take us there.  He dropped us off at the start of the shopping center and said it was in there.  Technically that was correct.  He didn't tell us we would have to 13 blocks.  No thanks to him we finally found it. We walked around to some of the stores.  I needed a new bag and as it turned out, I got 2.  We did so much walking we decided to stop and have a quick drink and rest our toes. Then we were off again.

Dinner was at an upscale restaurant.  The food was really good for the most part.  They brought us rolls fresh out the oven.  The rolls were warm and light and fluffy and oh so delicious.  I got a caesar said and I got a salad that would easily feed a family of four.  Art got lobster bisque.  It had huge chunks of lobster.  It looked really good. Art said it was good. My entree was good. Art's wasn't bad.  He had lamb chops and the outside of the chops was a little over cooked.  The inside however was really good. They didn't have any sauce on them so that was a little disappointing.  While we were eating we noticed one of the other tables got a big pink orb on their table.  Art asked what it was and our waiter said it was a thank you. hmmmm..... what did that mean.  Well when we when finished eating they brought us an orb.  It was cotton candy - how wild is that!  It was good but wild and a fun touch. I forgot to mention we had our concierge make the reservations for us however she made them for someone else.  Can't wait to see her tomorrow to find out what happened.  When we walked out of the restaurant, we were shocked at the people.  Nor sure where everyone came from but it was a madhouse. 

Tonight's show was the Tenor's.  It consisted of three men.  All I can say its WOW AMAZING.  It was our favorite  show by far.  So glad we didn't miss it.

I can barely keep my eyes open so off to bed I go.


No comments: