Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Travel Day A Lot Going On

 Lots to report on this travel day.  First we got up in the middle of the night to get ready.  We were up at 3 am.  We headed to the airport about 4:15.  It was way to early!  But everything worked out perfectly.  Art dropped me and the bags off and he went to the outer parking lot to park the car.  With all the construction going on we weren't sure how much time we needed but it all worked like a charm.  We got to security and one of the workers looked at me and told me to come with him and he opened another check point.  So we passed everyone that was in line.  That worked slick.  We got ready to board the plane and the woman in front of me turned to me a said "pussy cat".  I said excuse me?  and she pointed to a carrier and said "pussy cat". Oh NOOOO.... she had a cat.   And true to my luck she sat in front of us,  She did take it out of the carrier briefly but for the most part in was in the carrier.  Not only that another woman got on with a cat.  Art suggested I wear a mask... so I did and it did help a lot but I did still get asthma, And coughing these days doesn't get you very happy looks.  Got to Dallas a little early so that was nice. 

Of course the gate we needed was at different building so we hopped on the tram and it was great..... but then we had to get on an escalator.  Oops..... I tripped.  I was afraid I was going to head down the escalator head first.  And so did all the passengers coming up the escalator.  They all had a collective gasp and horror on their face.  And a couple yelled out are you ok?  Oh my I am not sure how but I managed to not go down head first.  But the whole event made me laugh really hard.  The only thing I hurt was my pride.  But every time I thought it about, I would laugh. Another strange thing when we were boarding, Dallas doesn't scan your boarding pass they just take your face. We were in line and one of the ticket agents hollered my name and told me to come over and use her machine. How she knew my name is a mystery.

You know how at the beginning of a flight, the pilot gives a little speech? Ours came out and talked and he was so funny had some good dad jokes.  He said his wife told him that his hair was good hat hair and he had the face for the radio.  But he promised he was a better pilot than comedian and promised a smooth landing.  I thought he was a pretty good comedian so he must be one heck of a pilot.   We got ready to land..... we were floating down and the landing gear dropped down and all of a sudden the plane picked up speed and we starting climbing back up.  It was a little unnerving.  But he came on the intercom and said the wind wasn't  right and the plane needed some leveling.  But...... true to his promise it was a very smooth landing.  

Going through customs was an absolute dream.  They have made it super quick. It could not have got smoother.  We found our transportation and headed out.  Our driver said it would take about an hour to get to our resort.  We were on the road for about 20 minutes and traffic came to stand still.  Our driver let us know there was a wreck ahead and it would take an extra hour to get through it.  Shortly after the ambulance passed us our driver handed us his phone and showed us a picture of the wreck.  It didn't look too good.  When we finally got up to the wreck, we concluded no one could have survived it.  It was sad and a really long drive.  We were 2 1/2 hours.   But we made it to the resort.

We got checked in and had a delicious dinner.  It had rained a little off and on. We are now tucked in and ready to catch up on some sleep.  Can't wait to go to the beach tomorrow.

No comments: