Saturday, November 12, 2022

Not A Lot

 Well today was pretty quiet.  Not a lot going on.  It was pretty hot and humid but all in all a great day.  We spent the day at the pool. I got in a few times to cool off.  Art got in once.   Really the day was pretty relaxing.  I worked on my crossword puzzle books and Art finished his book.  I ordered a very common diet drink they have ordered previously. The bartender looked all over for some.  He even went to one of the other bars to see if they had any.  Shockingly, they were all out. Wow!  Not only is a popular soda, it is the main brand of the soda they offer.  It was crazy!

We did go for a walk along the beach.  The tide was up and ocean water was pretty warm. 

We went to the Italian restaurant for dinner.  It was good but I don't think we will do it again.  It really didn't settle well with Art.  We are back in our room waiting for the game to start.  We'll see if we can stay awake long enough to watch any of it.  

A special note:  I failed to mention this last night when we were at the steakhouse. After we were seated, we got nice white napkins.  Soon after, the waiter cane up to me with a black napkin and said I needed to switch napkins.  Art said oh we are getting new napkins?  the waiter told him only me because I was wearing black and the black napkin matched.  Art ordered his usual gin and tonic.  Always before they would mix the drink at the bar and bring it to the table. Not this time........ He brought everything to the table to mix his drink. They measured the gin and poured it in the glass and then put a really tall twisted spoon in the glass and then poured the tonic  down the spoon into the glass.  It was quite the production.

I haven't taken a lot of pictures as my phone camera isn't working very well.  All the pictures are blurry.......it is very frustrating.  Hopefully I can easily get it fixed when I get back home. 

No comments: