Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Drama from the Elevator

 Today just flew by.  Not sure why it went by so fast but it sure did. I slept in so we were a little later going to breakfast.  What a difference 30 minutes can make.  The restaurant was super busy.  Fortunately, we were able to get through the buffet pretty fast all things considered.  

I forgot to take my sunglasses so I ran back to the room to get them.  The man I met at the pool yesterday was in the elevator.  Boy he was full of drama.  We had no idea of all drama that went on yesterday.  Apparently a tourist's body washed up on shore so they were trying to figure out who he was.  Crazy!  Then someone was swimming in the ocean and got stung by a jelly fish.  The guy said most people don't know what they should do and asked if I knew and I said yes you pee on the sting.  He was stunned that I knew.  He said I must have been stung before......  nope.  But that was a lot of drama for an elevator ride.  

Art scored us loungers in the most ideal spot. We were on the beach in a spot that wasn't wall to wall people and it had some nice palm trees that provided shade until late afternoon.  I think we will try to be there the rest of the week.  It was just perfect.  We stayed there the whole day and just loved it. 

The weather was perfect.  Couldn't have asked for a better day.  Back to the room to get cleaned up and be serenaded by Art on his guitar. We got in the elevator for dinner and there was a man in the elevator that reminded us both of my dad.  Everything about him including his look and mannerisms was my dad.  They totally could have been related.  It was really crazy!  Off to the hibachi for dinner.   Now we are tucked back in our room. 

No comments: