Thursday, January 26, 2023

Trip to the ER

 I am not even sure how to describe this day other than bizarre.  It all started off with a knock on the door early this morning.  Art had left to go reserve loungers for us.  We had decided to go back to the place we had yesterday as it was so perfect. We would only be there for part of the day as we had planned to go to the Malacon and our favorite restaurant this afternoon. I had gotten up and was getting ready so when Art got back we could go to breakfast.  There was a knock on the door.  I thought that early in the morning, it must be Art......he must have forgotten his key.  Just as a safety precaution, I looked out the peep hole. There stood an employee.  I opened the door and he very cheerily asked are you ready for breakfast?  I looked down and saw the room service cart.  I told him I didn't order room service.  He said oh yes you did you filled out the sheet and he point to my room number on the sheet.  I assured him once again I didn't fill out sheet and didn't order room service.  He looked at me for a few seconds then broke out in a big smile and said maybe it is really your neighbor.  He went across the hall and knocked on the door.  The gentleman answered and the employee very cheerfully asked are you ready for breakfast to which he said yes.  He showed him the sheet and said you wrote the wrong room number down and I tried to give your breakfast away.  The gentleman looked at me and started apologizing profusely.  I was glad it all worked out

When Art got back I said oh man you missed all the room drama.  He looked me in the eye and said I bet my drama beats your drama.  Oh my!!!!  Curiously,  I asked him what his drama was.  Very seriously he said "I think I have appendicitis ".  Wait ....what?  He had been woken in the night with a bad side ache on the right side and it had just gotten worse.  I asked if he need to go to the hospital but he said he wanted to wait.  You know to be sure.....in case it passed.  He laid down for a couple hours.  I am not sure how on earth he was able to rest because as he tried to rest, I pretended to read but I really had my eye on him.  I was really worried for him.  He seemed to do a little better. But then the chills set in.  I knew then he had a fever.  He wanted to go down to the lounger to be in the warm sun. 

We went to the lounger and it did help for a little bit.  I texted Doctor to see what he thought.  I knew he was at work and it would probably be a while before we could talk to him.  As we sat there Art really didn't feel well. He made the decision he needed to go to the ER.  We grabbed a cab and went to the ER.  After blood work and a CAT scan it was decided he has diverticulitis. They wanted to admit Art and give him antibiotics intravenously until the surgeon could see him.  That would be about 2 hours and we had to pay up front.  We shared the results with Doctor and came up with a plan. We were so grateful for his help.  He could read the results, interpret them and reassure us. We got some prescriptions and we will go home and see a dr there as soon as possible.

While I went to the pharmacy to get the prescriptions, Art contacted the airline,  We will be going home  on Saturday morning.  That will give Art all day tomorrow to rest and get ready for the journey home. 

There is a big plan in play.......everything has a reason and purpose.  Hopefully the medications will kick in soon and Art will be better in no time. 

And for the record........ Art's drama definitely beat mine. 

No comments: