Saturday, January 21, 2023

Que Pasa

The hotel has been remodeled since we were here last.  The interesting thing is they added more rooms and expanded the outdoor dining area but they haven't added more outdoor space or more loungers. One of the problems when we were here in the past was there was not enough loungers for everyone and it causes problems.  There is a huge group that reserved loungers at the beach and the pool for everyone.  Because they were at the pool for a long time, a couple took two of the loungers.  A women in the group starting yelling at them and said the loungers were taken and the people who have them were in the bathroom.  So unless the pool has become the bathroom she was out and out lying.  And if she was telling the truth I am not getting in the pool. The loungers they do have are pretty worn out. And there are only a few umbrellas to provide any shade.  Some recently returning guest have brought their own umbrellas. Who knew.... The hotel is at full capacity so there are people everywhere.   It is almost too much.  

Anyway,  Art got up early this morning to reserve us some loungers on the beach. Normally, he reserves the loungers and has a cup of coffee and comes back to the room to get me.  This time he called and said the elevators were out so he was just going to stay down and wait for me.  I don't blame him.  We are on the 6th floor. The elevator was out for most of the day.  Not only was it out but the service elevator was out as well.  The elevators were a problem in the past as well but we are in the newer section so we didn't anticipate it still being a problem.  We will see if it continues to be a problem this week.  

The weather was nice.  It was 62 this morning but it warmed up to 80 by the afternoon.  The sun was out for  most of the day.  It was a nice warm day.  I even had a foot massage on the beach.  I am going to do a neck and back massage tomorrow.  I am super stoked. I didn't do it today because I had the foot massage late this afternoon and when it was done,  it was time to come back to the room and get cleaned up for dinner.

Our room isn't bad.  It just have a few issues.  The toilet seat doesn't stay up.  It is fine for me but not for poor Art.  He might have to work on his aim.  And the shower head is plugged.  We did report it and the maintenance guy came.  He was told the toilet was plugged so he came with the plunger.  I told him the shower head is plugged not the toilet but the toilet seat needed to be fixed.  I showed him the seat and how it didn't stay up and he asked if "I" needed it up.  I told him "I" didn't but my husband did. Then he realized the issue.  He left to find a new seat.  He couldn't understand the shower so I told him to forget it and just fix the seat.   Luckily, he just returned with a new seat.  

We were able to watch the games today.  We were happy the Chiefs could walk away with the win. After dinner we came back to the room and Art serenaded us on his guitar.  It was very enjoyable. 



No comments: